SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed over the last few years that anything that gets shipped to the USA from Germany costs WAY more than other countries near by. Why is that? Do they have some sort of export tariff on shipping charges?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It depends on the service you use. Moreover you have to be very careful using a shipping service because you can be scammed or your car can be stolen from you. I've heard a lot of stories when people lost their car because of the shipping companies. So, to make it short, you have to be careful when choosing a shipping service. I would recommend you to use https://www.shipaa.com/ as this is the best service I've ever used. The prices are very good and you will be able to track your vehicle all the way via a GPS service. it is a very good shipping service that you can use.

·
Registered
17,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this is because of the Ocean, I mean you have to transport over the ocean if you want to transport it on the ground. Or it's a pretty far distance to make on a plane, that's why it could cost a lot of money
But shipping from the UK or other area in Europe is much more reasonable. Germany is always much more expensive, like 2 - 3x the cost.

·
Super Moderator
1,698 Posts
Maybe the German post office drives Mercedes and Porsche? :unsure:

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
you should live in Canada where everything is taxed to death including incoming parts for repair, on the total value of the parts, converted to the Canadian "peso" which trades at about 60 cents on the USA dollar. Shipping costs compared to the USA are ridiculous. So much so, I usually drive 6 hours return to ship out of NY state.....not now, sadly. ( up to 2700 usd in value for commercial parts are tax and duty free into USA. Just prepay a 12 dollar commercial border fee)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts