SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just noticed my coolant in the plastic tank is all the way up to the openning after 25 minutes of highway driving when i got home today, temp gauge is dead at middle all the time, nothing oily in the tank so shouldn't be oil leak in, any ideas:roll:

Edit: coolant level has been very normal at the middle line level all those time.

·
Super Moderator
9,362 Posts
going by that statement,the expansion tank is full to the lid..

when hot the coolant should be around 10-15mm above the cold line on the tank..

has the tank been filled up lately..

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, its been normal at the line for the past year and didn't need to any coolant, there shouldn't be anything leak into the coolant line right?

·
Super Moderator
9,362 Posts
i would let it cool down & see where the level is when the car is cold..

has it been in the shop lately,is it only you that drives the car..

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just went out and check the oil, it is at full, car has been sitting for 2 hours now and cooland still up to the lid.
I'm the only one drive her, and yeah she was in the shop last week to replace the alternator.
thanks Jon, you're always helpful.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when you said oil might get in, how is it possible? isn't it the other way around? pls enlight me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mystery solved, it was my mechanic who topped up the coolant, he removed the hose to replace the alternator, lost some coolant, that,s why he filled it up, I,m relieved now;ol;

·
Super Moderator
9,362 Posts
when you said oil might get in, how is it possible? isn't it the other way around? pls enlight me.
i changed my reply when i reread a couple of your previous posts..

Mystery solved, it was my mechanic who topped up the coolant, he removed the hose to replace the alternator, lost some coolant, that,s why he filled it up, I,m relieved now;ol;
so why did he fill it so much above the cold line..:confused:

just drain the excess out..;ol;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts