SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

OK, This problem has been happening for like 3 months now.
When i go and start the car, sometimes is starts straight up.
But sometimes it justs keeps on turning over and it does not start.
I turn it over for like 10 seconds, nothing.. Then I wait a minute, and go again.. Sometimes it starts, and sometiomes it does this problem.?

Also what it has been doing lately, when im driving and give it a bit of throttle (or even driving normaly), it like cuts out the power then goes normal again (it like shakes).. very strange.
Cound it be the automatic tranny?

Plase help me guys! What could the Problem Be?
I need to fix this great 9-5!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i am guessing Crank Position Sensor - search forum for CPS. Sounds semi-classic except for one thing. Does it only not start when the engine is already warm?

if it is the CPS - typically the car will start when its cold (been sitting 1-2hrs plus) then it won't restart after sitting for a short period of time once already warmed up

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
strange..

hey,

I have replaced the DIC a few months ago...
Every first time the car starts, but then after i drive it and park it doesnt (sometimes).. and i have to keep on cranking it...

Maybe it could be a Fuel Filter???
so what is the Crank Position Sensor? what does that do?

Also: when i start the car the first time, there is a fair bit of smoke comming out of the exhaust.. hmmm..

THANKS to all!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Definitely the CPS, i had that problem, they go bad, i also replaced the fuel pump, if the pump was bad it will not start at all, go with the CPS, i keep a spare on hand, i have two in the garage. they are easy to replace, a lot easier than the fuel pump.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please Help!

Hello,

Ok, My mom is having troubles with the car lately...

The mechanics told my mom that it is the BATTERY that is causing it not to start.. I replaced the battery to make my mom happy. It did not solve anything tho..

Yesterday, she drove for 20 mins. And then after that she could not start the car.. It took her like 30 trys and 20 minutes apperently!
So, I need to fix this problem ASAP..

So I guess it is the CPS?
OK, where can I buy the CPS? How do you replace it?

Could a fuel pump cause this problem...?

Also everytime the car is started it there is heaps of smoke comming out of the exhaust... (it might be the cold over here..? 6 deg C.)

Thanks to all for the help,
Mati.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PFS ordering

OK,

So i will order Tonight the CPS of Parts for Saabs website.

It Costs 115 AUD $$...
I guess i have to pay for it...

So Should I do it?

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Can't you get one form a Saab dealer? should be an in stock part. Also, have you changed plugs lately? If its cheaper to do that and more available I would start there

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
new vs Old

Can't you get one form a Saab dealer? should be an in stock part. Also, have you changed plugs lately? If its cheaper to do that and more available I would start there
I have changed the plugs 2 weeks ago.. i thought it fixed it.. but not.

My saab parts dealer wants 110$ for a used part.
I rather buy a new one for 115$...

Does that sound ok...? This better fix it!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts