SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering while looking at pictures of other Saabs, why I dont have a Saab or 900 lettering on the back of my car. Don't they all have this? Other than my own, I've never seen one without identification, anyone have an idea? I dont think the PO would have removed it...

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Your car was "debadged"

This is a common cosmetic modification....

Mine is due for its debadging next week...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always read on mods... debadged... always thought they meant the saab insignia... but could never see the difference to the logo... why do people debadge? cosmetic look?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Looks lots cleaner that way....

That's a matter of opinion, of course, but the difference is pretty striking...

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I like it debaged better too. But when I go to paint all of my bumpers and such, I am thinking about painting the badges body color to match and putting them back on.

Tboy

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Some reasons for debadging might include

1. Accident damage and repair.
  2. Respray, and the workshop incompetant to put the badges back.
  3. Cosmetic reasons - it looks better that way.
  4. Theft by juvenile collectors.
  5. Chav modification - if it is a base GM900, it could look identical to a Turbo or V6, without the telltale signs.
HTH

·
Registered
94 Posts
Zaphon Beeblebrox wrote...

Chav modification - if it is a base GM900, it could look identical to a Turbo or V6, without the telltale signs.
Fortunately I have not (yet) seen any Saabs with Chavs on board, let's hope they stick to Vauxhall Novas. Although there do always seem to be a lot of Saabs in Bristol whenever I am there, so perhaps some have fallen into the 'wrong hands' round your way!

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Archaeo-Saab said:
Fortunately I have not (yet) seen any Saabs with Chavs on board, let's hope they stick to Vauxhall Novas. Although there do always seem to be a lot of Saabs in Bristol whenever I am there, so perhaps some have fallen into the 'wrong hands' round your way!
A sort of chavvy type drew alongside me whilst in my rather tatty V6 the other day [I'd just finished prepping it for the trackday and I was 'testing' it], he looked across at me and down his nose [so to speak] he'd a 9-3 with very blingy wheels, needless to say he didn't stay alongside for long, he got smaller in my mirrors :roll: my right foot must have slipped.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
We've just gotten "biscuit," "boot," and "knackered" all sorted out and now there's this "chav" thing.....

Stateside translation, please!:lol:

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
All has been made clear.....

:D

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
I think it important to note that no Chav's were harmed (physically) during Raggy's on road demonstration, although one ego was rather badly bruised. Also, no speed limits were violated, no other moving violations occurred, all proper safety equipment was properly functioning and employed, and extreme prudence was exercised. The views expressed herein are not the views of anyone else, are not endorsed by Saab Central, Saab Automobiles, AB, nor the government of Chad. Not valid in Canada, one to a customer, call now, operators are not standing by. Do not try this at home. Caveat Emptor. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Saaboheme said:
I think it important to note that no Chav's were harmed (physically) during Raggy's on road demonstration, although one ego was rather badly bruised. Also, no speed limits were violated, no other moving violations occurred, all proper safety equipment was properly functioning and employed, and extreme prudence was exercised. The views expressed herein are not the views of anyone else, are not endorsed by Saab Central, Saab Automobiles, AB, nor the government of Chad. Not valid in Canada, one to a customer, call now, operators are not standing by. Do not try this at home. Caveat Emptor. Zoom, zoom, zoom.
Yes, sorry, forgot to add that I beat him to the speed limit...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts