SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know why the saab 92x is not available here in the UK ?

.As we only have the 93 or 95 .

If Saab sold the 92x in the UK. I think they wouldnt be able to keep up with the demand .What i lovely looking car .It looks far nicer than the Subaru impreza.

I would love one .

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Since Subaru is no longer GM, the 9-2X is dead.
:confused:

Whats Subaru have to do with the 9-2x?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Matt88S said:
:confused:

Whats Subaru have to do with the 9-2x?
It has a longitudinal engine, so I'm reluctant to voice in.
The real question is what's Saab got to do with the 9-2x?
Soobee built it. GM commissioned it. Saab dropped it?

It's ok. I'm wearing my helmet!!!:eek::cheesy:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Sorry chaps, I was thinking of the 9-7x. Pardon me for being a bit confused.

If Saab sold the 92x in the UK. I think they wouldnt be able to keep up with the demand .
I was also trying to sort this out. lol :p

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Willy Wonka said:
It has a longitudinal engine, so I'm reluctant to voice in.
The real question is what's Saab got to do with the 9-2x?
Soobee built it. GM commissioned it. Saab dropped it?

It's ok. I'm wearing my helmet!!!:eek::cheesy:

Not only does the 9-2x have a better look to it, it has a much better suspension than the Impreza. And back when GM was doing the Employee Discount gig, it was cheaper than an Impreza too :lol: Definately the 9-2x is a good car.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
900t said:
Not only does the 9-2x have a better look to it, it has a much better suspension than the Impreza.
I always thought that the Impreza was much better looking car... maybe it's because the 9-2X looks like an imposter. Dunno about the suspention....

And back when GM was doing the Employee Discount gig, it was cheaper than an Impreza too :lol: Definately the 9-2x is a good car.
I'm sure that this made Subaru very happy :roll:. It's a bit like when the Russians were making Fiats and undercutting the Italians by selling them in Europe on the cheap.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
valbowski1980 said:
I always thought that the Impreza was much better looking car... maybe it's because the 9-2X looks like an imposter. Dunno about the suspention....

I'm sure that this made Subaru very happy :roll:. It's a bit like when the Russians were making Fiats and undercutting the Italians by selling them in Europe on the cheap.
Not really, the Fiats were junk but the Ladas were a new meaning to the term junk :lol:

9-2x DEFINATELY has the upper hand in aesthetics.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
900t said:
Not really, the Fiats were junk but the Ladas were a new meaning to the term junk :lol:
The 21 series Ladas were just about carbon copies of FIATs.... and yeah... they were pretty junky.
9-2x DEFINATELY has the upper hand in aesthetics.
The 9-2X looks to tame, the Subie looks like a nutter and that's what makes it so cool IMO... the SAAB just looks like a decaff Impreza

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Patrick 9-3 said:
correct me if I'm wrong.
Okay? :lol:

Ah yes the old Zhighuli... they sold 'em up here in Kanada starting around 82 or so... The Lada 1600, it gave 68 horsepower, and 17 miles per gallon, torque about efficiency!

I have old magazine articles "while test driving the new Lada Signet 1500, the interior rear view mirror fell off. No external mirrors were provided" :cheesy: The cars basically vaporized in a couple years after purchase...

The Samara was light-years ahead of the old Fiat-ripoffs for sure. They sold the Samara here until 2000 or so, alongside the Niva, which was always a cool offroader since you could buy one for $8000 Canadian new in the mid-90's, when the Canadian dollar was only like 69 cents US. And it had BBS mags on it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts