1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the market, Sean John Wheels:
http://www.turnto10.com/news/4322151/detail.html
Associated Press said:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Sean "P. Diddy" Combs has made his mark as a hip-hop musician, Broadway actor and fashion designer.

Now, the former Puff Daddy is going into the auto parts business -- and it's all about the wheels.

Combs is joining forces with a Kansas City manufacturer to produce a new line of custom, precision-forged aluminum rims for sports trucks, luxury SUVs and high-end American- and German-made automobiles.

The 50-50 joint venture between Combs' Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment Group and Kansas City's Weld Wheel Industries was announced at the New York International Auto Show.

SJC Wheels will produce and sell "Sean John Wheels," named for the entertainer. They hit stores next month, retailing at between $700 and $3,000 each.

Combs said, "Wheels have become a fashion statement -- a badge of taste and style."

He said his line of Sean John Wheels will deliver sophisticated design with the best quality production.

Partner Greg Weld, the founding president and chief executive of Weld Wheel, said Combs had told him he'd show him how to "bring some sexy" to the wheel business.

Weld Wheel Industries said the deal will make them more high-profile in the crucial urban market.
So whose in for some Sean John Wheels?:roll:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Where can i order!
Maybe they got jewels and jems encrusted in gold trim/plat. rims. For 3k each, i hope they do!

(j/k) ;)

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Well, at 3k, I can understand why the group buy is necessary, but after we get them, who’s car are we going to put them on? Maybe we could take turns. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I can't stand Sean Combs (I won't boost his ego more by calling him something else). I don't understand how this guy became a multi-millionaire. He samples other peoples music and calls it his own. He probably did the same thing with his clothing line, and these wheels. I guess there are people out there that buy his stuff. :roll: I hope he goes broke like MC Hammer. The way he spends money, that shouldn't be too far in the future.

Oh, and don't get me started with his personal umbrella holder Farnsworth Bentley.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
He is popular for the same reason all rappers are popular. MTV said so, so it must be true. Oh, how I hate sheeple.

As for the wheels: Cars come with wheels already. They don't however come with go fast parts. ;)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
One of the only "rappers" I respect is Jay-Z, dont remember his real name right off hand. But he is an extreme business man and had incredible talent in creating/recording his music.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
mg_td said:
im in! i could go for a nice set of 22s
Hmmm.... 22's

<cue music>

The ladies they choose
They love when I cruise
They all want to sleep with me
Because of 22's on my car
(Cars, cars, cars)
Some raw 24's, Avalanche wit TV's
When you get up inside
Don't spill no liquor on the seats of this car
(Cars, cars, cars)
I met this chick in a drop, '67 Crovette
I offered to call her
But she's playin' hard to get in her car
(Cars, cars, cars)
Every girl that I know
And every girl that I see
They all wanna cut
But it's really not me, it's the car
(Cars, cars, cars)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Matt88S said:
Well, at 3k, I can understand why the group buy is necessary, but after we get them, who’s car are we going to put them on? Maybe we could take turns. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Hahaha. LOL.

We could buy a new GT2 if we all threw in 10 bucks or so. Sadly enough, it would take almost 33 years to cycle to the last person if we each had it for a day.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I want a set of 22"s for my vert that will light up and spin. Oh how I love it when they spin..... spin..... spin.:lol: Those suckers cost more then my Vert. I think I had better lay off the Jack Daniels for awhile.:nono; It may be that I was over come by all those shinny new cars I saw Sunday at the Auto Show. My SPG wheels spin just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts