SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a thread in the NG900 section last night and it still hasn't been approved. Although I seldom post, I've been a member for years and am confused as to how I lost my ability to post without moderator approval.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Unless somebody has already approved it, you don't have any posts awaiting moderation.

Moderation isn't based on how long you've been a member, rather the content of your posts and the number you've made, generally after 10 posts, the software doesn't flag posts for moderation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The spam security on this site is a little much. There has to be a better way to make sure the people posting are legit so we don't have to deal with that crap. Serious, it's almost enough to make me want to use another site. I've never used a forum with this type of security. I'm sure I'm not alone if wanting my posts to post right away rather than waiting to be approved. On the internet people want things as fast as possible. Being forced to wait makes people look elsewhere for their answers or help.

Just an observation from a new comer. Not trying to be an jerk about it. Just giving you my honest review of the situation. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, I have been trying since yesterday to post a small ad in the 'parts for sale section'. I do not have any idea from the design of the site as to who to talk to. I finished my ad and clicked 'submit' and that's the last I saw of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you address this massive problem maybe just maybe this sight wouldn't be so dead. People are trying to contribute to the forum and get some activity going and this crap makes us want to leave and find a better message board.

Who runs this place?

·
Super Moderator
11,586 Posts
If you saw how many spammers the issue traps you may be more tolerant of it :) Having said that, I'm no expert on forum software and there may be more effective traps available now? The moderators give their time for free, we can't always be around to approve threads, especially at this time of year when people may be visiting family :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you saw how many spammers the issue traps you may be more tolerant of it :) Having said that, I'm no expert on forum software and there may be more effective traps available now? The moderators give their time for free, we can't always be around to approve threads, especially at this time of year when people may be visiting family :)
Someone may want to take a little time to talk to vBulletin about the spam issue. After all someone is paying for this forum. vBulletin should have a proper fix for this issue. Really, the way you guys are dealing with it does not help build the number of active users on this forum. Most people will walk away on the first sign of "This is to complicated". Here is an example of a vBulletin forum that has a ton of member posting all day and all night. They never have spam issues. http://www.pirate4x4.com

Who is the owner of the site?

I hope I'm not coming off like a dick. I'm just trying to give some helpful advice to improve this place.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Here is an example of a vBulletin forum that has a ton of member posting all day and all night. They never have spam issues. http://www.pirate4x4.com.
Funny thing is, they're owned by the same company as us, VerticalScope.
Different administration and Vbulletin settings, but same company.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

·
Administrator
1,087 Posts
Im not on Vacation, Im here :)

The spam filter on this site is the same on all our sites.

VB stop forum spam

akismit

those sites are just bigger. Nothing to do with spam filters.

VB software for spam management is tricky, I WISH they would come up with better stuff.

Im looking into it in the back end, maybe a setting is off or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts