SaabCentral Forums banner

Who tuned your 2.0T

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
The people that charge more are only doing so because when they came out they were the only ones doing Saab tuning, they still are because some suckers still pay a grand for a higher limiter and a few ° more timing....

·
Registered
125 Posts
The people that charge more are only doing so because when they came out they were the only ones doing Saab tuning, they still are because some suckers still pay a grand for a higher limiter and a few ° more timing....
I'd rather pay the creator $889 than the duplicator $349 any day........ oh and i get software updates.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have total control over the limiters, fueling and timing. I can adjust for wheel size, change speed limiter... and I haven't melted pistons like some pro tunes...

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
I was going to go with a BSR through a local place due to how great the guys are, but I honestly didn't have the coin that the BSR was going to cost.

So....I really wanted to get a tune on a budget and started searching around and got some feedback on Brew City Boost.

Casey's prices are unbeatable and they were running a 10% off sale as well, so this was my chance.

I am now another BCB happy customer, did a Stage 1 with Casey and he was quick and excellent communication as well. I was down less than a week mailing my ECU in. The day he received it, I received my return tracking number that night for the next days shipment, that was fast!

My car feels totally different, much more responsive and you can feel the power difference. I didn't want to get into intakes, downpipes, cat backs, etc right now, this is my daily driver but I just wanted the mod free HP the car had hiding. Glad I did it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Haven't seen it mentioned but I am running an MPS tune on both my Saab's and couldn't be happier. His tunes are amazing

·
Super Moderator
19,051 Posts
MPS and Hirsch added to poll.

·
Registered
106 Posts
BREW CITY BOOST! I wouldn't have started any other way. Looking at numbers posted by sites, BCB is the best bang for your buck and super easy to start out with with awesome numbers, then when you really get into it JZW starts giving off some amazing numbers for a great price as well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
110k on BSR ;ol;

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm thinking about a stage 2 BrewCity. If I send out the ECU, do I overnight it FedEx or what's the norm? and if so what's the usual wait if I sent it out on Monday to have it back in the car? Any experience with the best/quickest way to get this done? I don't want to pay more for the portable one you do yourself.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
I'm thinking about a stage 2 BrewCity. If I send out the ECU, do I overnight it FedEx or what's the norm? and if so what's the usual wait if I sent it out on Monday to have it back in the car? Any experience with the best/quickest way to get this done? I don't want to pay more for the portable one you do yourself.
I had sent mine priority mail as I had another car I could use, but Casey had it done the day he received it and had it ready to ship back out the following day. From my hands to his back to mine in 7 days. I was quite pleased.

Bcb stage 2 is where it's at, I experienced nice gains and also increased my mpg
I went with a stage 1 before really understanding more, I should have just went with the Stage 2 as I already had a drop in filter, oh well....but, the Stage 1 from stock was a huge difference......well worth the $200

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got the JZW stage1 and I love it. I talked to john a couple times on the phone before I went to his house and he did the tune right there and then. I love it. Will be going back for a stage3 as soon as I get a 3" downpipe. And if I go bigger turbo I'll go to him again. I love the tune. Plenty of power and lots of torque. And better gas mileage as well. Not at first cause I was getting on it allot more then now.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
And better gas mileage as well. Not at first cause I was getting on it allot more then now.

Funny how that happens huh?

"you will get better MPG" yet who wants to drive it normal now? LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mps tune

Mps did my buddy's vector and mine the same day. Ive been tooling with Early watercooled Vw's and some of the turbo stuff. Pound for Pound, The Best Mod. I ever done to a vehicle. Mike is the Best!!!!;ol;

41 - 60 of 161 Posts