SaabCentral Forums banner

Who tuned your 2.0T

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about Tuning my 03 Vector 2.0T. Those of you with 03+ Sport sedan 2.0 engines that are tuned pick who tuned your car. Please comment on any issues you have had.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a BSR tune and it's great, whatever tune someone has they will say it's the best. I think they're all pretty good. On a side note, I think Hirsch is the only Saab approved tune but don't take my word on it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a BSR tune and it's great, whatever tune someone has they will say it's the best. I think they're all pretty good. On a side note, I think Hirsch is the only Saab approved tune but don't take my word on it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
His warranty(what warranty?) is probably out anyway so saab approved really doesn't matter. I'm sure they're all good and you will be satisfied with any tune you choose. However I will give my testimony and say that I went JZW and I was very impressed by the communication and customer service John provides and I am very pleased with his product.

·
Registered
171 Posts
MikeD

Thinking about Tuning my 03 Vector 2.0T. Those of you with 03+ Sport sedan 2.0 engines that are tuned pick who tuned your car. Please comment on any issues you have had.
MikeD did mine and did a great job. Great customer service and really knows his stuff. As a previous poster said, most people are happy with their tunes. The fact is that these cars give us a lot of great choices.

MikeD is in MA/NH http://mikedtuning.com/ ... A few of us on this forum have used him. Could you add him to the poll? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wow I didn't think BSR and JZW would be neck and neck, I've had great service from john, he does an awesome job, always quick to respond, had 2 9-3's tuned by him. my current one is stage 4, then getting e-85 in the spring. I'd recommend him, and you can always have your tune adjusted to your driving style with his handheld tuner thru email, works very well and super convenient.

If you have it tuned, regardless of who writes the files, you may need new Ignition Coil packs. They have been known to go bad right after a tune, but sometimes theyre fine....Other than that the engines can take a tune like it came from the factory that way. Just make sure you keep up on the oil changes and fluids regularly and you'll have no problem.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Wow I didn't think BSR and JZW would be neck and neck, I've had great service from john, he does an awesome job, always quick to respond, had 2 9-3's tuned by him. my current one is stage 4, then getting e-85 in the spring. I'd recommend him, and you can always have your tune adjusted to your driving style with his handheld tuner thru email, works very well and super convenient.

If you have it tuned, regardless of who writes the files, you may need new Ignition Coil packs. They have been known to go bad right after a tune, but sometimes theyre fine....Other than that the engines can take a tune like it came from the factory that way. Just make sure you keep up on the oil changes and fluids regularly and you'll have no problem.
BSR is around on a lot of these cars because it has been out there for a long time. Back when I wanted my car tuned it was pretty much the only choice (besides Hirsch, but F Hirsch). The only drawback that I've had with the BSR is the high cost.

·
Super Moderator
18,986 Posts
BSR Stage 1 for about 9 years now. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MikeD did mine and did a great job. Great customer service and really knows his stuff. As a previous poster said, most people are happy with their tunes. The fact is that these cars give us a lot of great choices.

MikeD is in MA/NH http://mikedtuning.com/ ... A few of us on this forum have used him. Could you add him to the poll? Thanks...
Not sure how to add another option to the poll. Little help here?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a jzw tune. No issues at all with it. The stage 4 killed my clutch though. Only reason I went with his tunes was because all my friends went with him and didn't have any issues and also vtuner refused to tune me.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have a jzw tune. No issues at all with it. The stage 4 killed my clutch though. Only reason I went with his tunes was because all my friends went with him and didn't have any issues and also vtuner refused to tune me.
Was he not able to write a custom tune or something? I've heard brian does a decent job...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Was he not able to write a custom tune or something? I've heard brian does a decent job...
I honestly have no idea. I already had a jzw tune and then I swapped in the td04 and since vtuner is more local I figured shoot him an email and was told he couldn't tune a turbo swap. So I just went back to jzw and when I get my 16t in ill be going right back to John.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
people should really grab the nordic tune's and maptun and support awesome companys!
I came close to picking Nordic 5 years ago. But chose BSR because of the ppc instead. Knowing now that I never needed to detune for any warranty repairs, I would have picked differently.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Jzw tuned both the 2.0 and the 2.8 for me

·
Registered
362 Posts
Getting mine tuned with BCB. Didn't like how I was treated by other tuners (one specifically). With other tuners, it was more like "i'm not gonna talk to you until you pay me." Casey from BCB has already helped me a great deal with a great attitude by answering many questions and I can't help but to speak highly of him because of it. TD04HL-19T HERE I COME!

1 - 20 of 161 Posts