SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Hirsch made lowering springs for the NG 9-5, "designed to work perfectly with DriveSense". It's doubtful that Hirsch manufactured the springs in-house and was curious if anyone on the forum knew who manufactured them for Hirsch (i.e., H&R, Eibach, Ohlins)?

Also, has anyone lowered their 2010/2011 9-5 and if so which springs did you use? I've been eyeing some springs designed for the Opel Insignia OPC (should also work for its Epsilon II cousin?).

·
Registered
510 Posts
Theres a gent by the names of Enders on the facebook community that has been using insignia sport combi springs from Eibach on his Turbo4 Aero for quite some time now, he also has just about every Hirsch accessory.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the Turbo4 is a bit lighter that the Turbo6 Aero XWD so I wonder if this would work? I noticed that H&R have a kit for the Insignia Tourer "OPC" which is good since that car also has a version of the DriveSense dampers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll just bring this thread back to life to ask of anyone has a h&r part number for this and/or if they know where to get the springs?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its funny this old thread came back to life because I was just thinking about it yesterday. I know why the Swedish engineers would not want the ride height to be too low...snow clearance. Yesterday the NG 9-5 XWD pair with Alpin PA4 winter tires performed perfectly in 4-5 inches of slop in No. VA. I think I'll keep the ride height just where it is until I actually need new springs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you see the lowering springs? This is a big heavy car that I would like to get an inch or so closer to the ground. My old Subaru will be fine for big snow lol.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well I went ahead and ordered the Hirsch springs. I could only find one place that sold them and it said only 1 left in stock (0 after my order). Didn't want to risk never getting to have them!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I went ahead and ordered the Hirsch springs. I could only find one place that sold them and it said only 1 left in stock (0 after my order). Didn't want to risk never getting to have them!
do the springs have any designation as to a model number or anything on them that might reveal what company made them for hirsch?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
do the springs have any designation as to a model number or anything on them that might reveal what company made them for hirsch?
I only saw Hirsch printed on them. I'll check them again as I haven't had them installed yet unfortunately.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I noticed that Hirsch made lowering springs for the NG 9-5, "designed to work perfectly with DriveSense". It's doubtful that Hirsch manufactured the springs in-house and was curious if anyone on the forum knew who manufactured them for Hirsch (i.e., H&R, Eibach, Ohlins)?

Also, has anyone lowered their 2010/2011 9-5 and if so which springs did you use? I've been eyeing some springs designed for the Opel Insignia OPC (should also work for its Epsilon II cousin?).
These springs from opel insignia -2014 (H & R) can not be installed in Saab, since the diameter of the upper coil spring is smaller than the diameter of the damper on the thrust bearing Saab.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
These springs from opel insignia -2014 (H & R) can not be installed in Saab, since the diameter of the upper coil spring is smaller than the diameter of the damper on the thrust bearing Saab.

Do you know who and what springs are compatible then?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel bad for bringing this back from the grave as this has been well dead for years. A quick google search finds that basically even the internet has written off SAABs lowering springs.

Really wanting to lower my 9-5 since there’s no need for that snow clearance.

Anyone have any luck finding some springs to put on the NG 9-5 Aero?

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
I feel bad for bringing this back from the grave as this has been well dead for years. A quick google search finds that basically even the internet has written off SAABs lowering springs.

Really wanting to lower my 9-5 since there’s no need for that snow clearance.

Anyone have any luck finding some springs to put on the NG 9-5 Aero?
Yes, the Hirsch springs can still be special ordered on occasion. They are (and were) made by Eibach in Germany (looks like that was never answered in this thread, but that is who made them). They are very expensive, I think I paid $700 plus another $100 in shipping. It took 6+ months to get them. And the drop was less than half of what was advertised (even after 600 miles of use and a complete loosening and retorque of all suspension components). No difference in handling. Major disappointment IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts