SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week before I went on a trip my passenger door lock stopped functioning. I checked the fuses on the drivers side panel and the pass. door fuse looks fine. I also checked to make sure the connector harness in the door was connected. So I just went about my trip and just had to ask my passenger to lock it each time I locked the car.

So here's the deal after I had a chance to look at it a little today. I haven't consulted my WIS yet either.

The lock will not go up/down automatically (only manually). The window also does not go up/down. Now the window switch lights up, but the door lock switch does not. The pass. door lock switch WORKS for the other doors. I can also hear the window motor click when I press the button, similar to the sound you get when the window is up and you try to raise the window.

Any suggestions from the experts? Do the window controls run through the lock controls?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So last week before I went on a trip my passenger door lock stopped functioning. I checked the fuses on the drivers side panel and the pass. door fuse looks fine. I also checked to make sure the connector harness in the door was connected. So I just went about my trip and just had to ask my passenger to lock it each time I locked the car.

So here's the deal after I had a chance to look at it a little today. I haven't consulted my WIS yet either.

The lock will not go up/down automatically (only manually). The window also does not go up/down. Now the window switch lights up, but the door lock switch does not. The pass. door lock switch WORKS for the other doors. I can also hear the window motor click when I press the button, similar to the sound you get when the window is up and you try to raise the window.

Any suggestions from the experts? Do the window controls run through the lock controls?
well probably the easiest thing to do is 1. reset the system by disconnecting the battery, then disconnect the plug that goes into the door for a few seconds as well these should reset the functions, dont forget to also reset pinch protection. good luck keep us updated

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already tried all of that to no avail. Luckily an old thread concerning this problem surfaced today and hopefully it will take care of my problem. I'll find out tomorrow when I have a chance to look things over.

Thread here: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148766

Thanks for your help.

More ideas are always welcome. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after reading the aforementioned thread I went ahead and popped off the door panel. I took off the handle cover and unscrewed the two torx bolts. (I don't know if that is actually necessary to remove the panel, but I figured I might as well, just in case.)

Once I took a peek inside it was obvious what was wrong. One of the connectors had come out. I just simply pushed it back in and everything was back to normal.

Just a recap of the symptoms:

- Pass door lock and window would not operate.
- Window switch was lit, but lock switch was not.
- Pass. lock switch would operate the other locks
- Pass lock would only work by pulling the lock up/down

- Also, my alarm was set off a few times while I had this problem. After reading the WIS this lock "malfunction" can cause the alarm to trigger. I think I even remember it saying that there is a microchip with RAM in the switch assembly. To store things like if the lock is up/down etc for the alarm system. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!? RAM in the door. I can't believe the computer system(s) in our cars.

Anyway I took some pics:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts