SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has it and how do you like it? I find it is better then my '04 base 150W 7 speaker system?

Thoughts? Have any of you changed out the speakers/sub-woofers?

Paul

·
Registered
128 Posts
brunp said:
Who has it and how do you like it? I find it is better then my '04 base 150W 7 speaker system?

Thoughts? Have any of you changed out the speakers/sub-woofers?

Paul
It's a good system. No real need to change out speakers and rear sub-woofer unless I blow something. I listen to a lot of my music loud and the 300W Bose system handles it very nicely. I wish it had a better in-dash design like some of the after market stereos. The profile is a little boring for what the system really can do (no graphics, no eq digitized display). Overall, pretty nice though.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Our 2001 stereo sucked, so the Bose is a welcome change. I don't think the Saab stereos were very good over the years and the GM stereos will be an improvement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like it and am happy enough where I don't feel the need to swap out any components. It is dramatically better then the 13/300 system I had in the 04 Aero - you actually get bass in the rear of the car.

Nice new Aero you have btw - enjoy!

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's passable. It's not Hi-Fi for sure but it is pretty good for a factory system and I appreciate the clean non-flashy/ricey look that goes along with it, rather than butchering the dash to put in something aftermarket with a bunch of irritating flashy lights.

I'm impressed. It's better sound-quality wise than the Rockford option available for my Nissan truck. Actually has a decent little front stage on it. I do find I have to turn the bass down quite a bit and the balance off to the right to get a balanced image.

BUT it's a car, not a listening room.

·
Registered
138 Posts
door rattles

The Bose system is much better than the 150W system I had with my '03. My only complaint is that the doors (esp. driver's side) seem to rattle at higher volumes. Is this normal? Limititations in design? I am going to ask Saab to look at it at first service.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
swede said:
The Bose system is much better than the 150W system I had with my '03. My only complaint is that the doors (esp. driver's side) seem to rattle at higher volumes. Is this normal? Limititations in design? I am going to ask Saab to look at it at first service.
The window switches rattle in our 9-3 (just when listening to AM for some weird reason).

Saab should put a foam wrap around the switches or enclose them in the door card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts