SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for people who have had a problem with thier drive-by-wire system that was fixed when it was recalibrated by the dealer. What symptoms did the car have and so forth.

I am still having a few problems with my car ('92 9000 cd turbo with the B234L engine) that either has to be the headgasket or the TCS needs to be recalibrated. I will be getting another compression check tomorrow. So if that turns out fine I might have to make the six hour drive to Sioux Falls or seven hour drive to Denver, whichever has the ISAT is where I'll go.
Basically my problem is still cold start problems where the car will die unless I press the accelerator. But once the car is warmed up it is fine with a slight hesitation when I press the accelerator with no load on the car. When driving around it pulls hard and boost fine with no knock. So I'm thinking the head gasket might have a small tear that closes up when warm. Also last compression test was good and there is no oil in the antifreeze and the engine oil is good (i.e. no milkshake). I have replaced everything that has to do with the ignition system and fuel system except the mass air sensor and the intake air temp sensor. I also have replaced all the vacuum lines and the rubber hose from the mass air sensor to the turbo as it had a few cracks. I almost forgot that the previous owner replaced the throttle body but haven't been able to get ahold of him to see if he had the TCS recalibrated so that is why I think it might possibly be that.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated as I am close to throwing the car of a cliff. Its just I have invested quite a bit of money to jump to those extremes. Plus my wife is already mad at me because I have to drive her new Jeep Cherokee to my work so she has to catch a ride with her mom. I don't want to drive the car unless I have to, for fear of causing some damage like a warped or cracked head or something. Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just finished a compression test and the head gasket is blown between cylinder 2 and 3. I must have done the first compression test wrong or something because it was 145psi across the board then. Now it is cyl1-150, cyl2-130, cyl3-130, and cyl4-148. I am actually glad the gasket is blown because now I know what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts