SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year fellow Saabers!!!!!!!!!!
Last question of the year:-
Dreaded white smoke from exhaust but seems to be only when I go into reverse. There is no water in oil or oil in water. She doesn't appear to be using water , performance has not changed and has been doing this for 2 years -1991 LPT .

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
is this all the time or just when backing out drive etc when cold, as if so it's because you get it blown back at you,you notice it more, where as when you drive staright off you don't see it hardly, but you will always get a bit off white smoke when starting out from cold as is the condensation etc in the exhaust system

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 16 Saabs. I feel a bit stupid now. It probably is that and I'll check but it seems it happens when still warming up.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
WHEN YOUR NEXT OUT ON A COLD MORNING JUST NOTE HOW MANY OTHER'S "SMOKE" ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE JUST PULLING OUT THE DRIVE ON A COOL MORNING. YOU HAVE EXCESS FUEL VAPOUR AS WELL AS IT'S USING MORE ON START UP, DON'T BE EMBARRESSED,;oops: I BET WE HAVE ALL THOUGHT THE SAME THING ONCE IN A WHILE.:cheesy: AND MY WIFE'S 900, WHITE SMOKED LIKE HELL LAST WEEK, THE HEAD GASKET HAS GONE ON HERS f*&%^"£$^&**&^$*($^* AH WELL KEEP MY AMUSED OVER THE CHRISTMAS BREAK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts