SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if I didnt have enough problems with a split cam breather pipe as I moved things about I found the white check valve was broken on the engine side. It looked ok, until it moved and immediately it was obvious that just 1mm of pipe was giving the impression it was sound when in fact the white plastic nipple that side had broken off inside the pipe

It seems you dont buy the valve you buy the valve plus pipe each side is that correct?

Also assuming there was pressure leak that side on the break, what does it stop the car doing? Boost?

thx

n

·
Registered
867 Posts
As if I didnt have enough problems with a split cam breather pipe as I moved things about I found the white check valve was broken on the engine side. It looked ok, until it moved and immediately it was obvious that just 1mm of pipe was giving the impression it was sound when in fact the white plastic nipple that side had broken off inside the pipe

It seems you dont buy the valve you buy the valve plus pipe each side is that correct?

Also assuming there was pressure leak that side on the break, what does it stop the car doing? Boost?

thx

n

That is correct. And the hose they supply is not oil resistant sadly and it will eventually be wet with oil on the outside which is ok I guess. I replaced the line with fuel line as it is resistent to oil.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct. And the hose they supply is not oil resistant sadly and it will eventually be wet with oil on the outside which is ok I guess. I replaced the line with fuel line as it is resistent to oil.
Thanks, the list of parts i need to buy is going up and up!

it all happens at once as usual, my old runabout banger has also chosen this weekend to blow its water pump and as its a 1966 car, pumps not easy to find

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks, the list of parts i need to buy is going up and up!

it all happens at once as usual, my old runabout banger has also chosen this weekend to blow its water pump and as its a 1966 car, pumps not easy to find
You don't have to replace the hoses on the check valve. I've noticed however that the ones they do supply look like typical vacuum hose for washer fluid, etc, which is not resistent to oil. Mine after a month or so were quite wet on the outside with oil residue. After replacing them with fuel line they're wet no more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was wondering about using Fuel line for other hoses in my car that need replaced. Is it pretty much okay to use for anything? Or should I buy actual replacements.... Ace hardware has any sized fuel line for $1.22 / foot so that sounds a heck of a lot cheaper!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't have to replace the hoses on the check valve. I've noticed however that the ones they do supply look like typical vacuum hose for washer fluid, etc, which is not resistent to oil. Mine after a month or so were quite wet on the outside with oil residue. After replacing them with fuel line they're wet no more.
No but they give you the hose anyway. I will see if I can dig out the broken piece of check valve from the hose and just swap the valves over, seems easiest although presumably they send the valve pre piped for a reason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts