SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 900 SE Turbo she has 150000 km on the clock well serviced etc. She has started to make a funny whisteling or maybe clicking noise not disimilar to a dry bearing noise but I can't figure where it's comming from. At first I thought it was from the serpentine belt but that has been replaced not long ago and I think the pulleys etc where replaced/cleaned and greased. I have just lifted the bonnet and listened again and it could be from the turbo. It only appeares to be from 1750 rpm and up at idle I can't hear it.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the forum guys.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Welcome to Saab Central.

"Whistling" can be an air leak. Vacuum leak, leak in one of the hoses leading from the turbo to the intercooler and then to the engine, and so on.

I would make sure the idler pulleys were actually replaced. A mechanic will NOT usually re-grease an idler pulley, because that involves disturbing the pulley bearing seal. In a repair shop, they just replace it. If the pulleys were replaced, the cost will show up on the invoice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PMI said:
Welcome to Saab Central.

"Whistling" can be an air leak. Vacuum leak, leak in one of the hoses leading from the turbo to the intercooler and then to the engine, and so on.

I would make sure the idler pulleys were actually replaced. A mechanic will NOT usually re-grease an idler pulley, because that involves disturbing the pulley bearing seal. In a repair shop, they just replace it. If the pulleys were replaced, the cost will show up on the invoice.
Thanks for the speedy reply and yes ;oops: I will check the invoice for pulleys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts