SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 Saab 9-3 Sportcombi XWD Aero, and I have developed a weird, but quiet whine in the front of the car. It only seems to whine above mph, and only happens when I am not accelerating. It seems to only happen when I am driving straight, and not while turning. It also is quiet enough to where turning the radio on low or the AC drowns it out. It doesn't whine while idling. The car only has 58,000 miles and I am trying to figure out whats causing the noise. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looking further into it, from other manufacturers, it looks like it could either be a failing transmission, or differential as well, Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking further into it, from other manufacturers, it looks like it could either be a failing transmission, or differential as well, Any thoughts?
Hey there Namincle! Name's Robert and I am an associate of Saab International Motorworks Singed, or SIMS for short. Regarding your issue about the "whining". In the industry, or the industrial complex, we call the whining of a Saab as a fine wine! Saab's are mysterious beings, often short on the breath. Whining in a vehicular is often accompanied by a mild screech in the rear axel when kicking it into 4th gear at 1200RPM. So in retrospect, my advice to you my young Saabian is to simply raise the suspension about 3-4" on the front and it ought to correct the fine "Wine" ;^).

Good Luck!

Robert Schalalangalang, CFO and partial homeowner of SIMS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts