SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still trying to figure out my vacuum leak and questioning if I did this right when I put the engine back in. Arrow toward throttle body, right?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mine is 2004 so I won’t answer based on that, but the PCV catch-can vapours and the evap are intended to flow to the TB and not the other way soon that basis, arrow to the TB.

DOUG

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well then, that wasn't my issue, thanks for confirming what I suspected (air flow toward throttle body)

·
Registered
148 Posts
the most important function of the check valve is to prevent air flow from throttle body to crankcase when the engine is charged.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, I knew that beaus you don't want to pressurize the crankcase and make it leak. But the other function of that vacuum line is to pull crankcase gas into the intake stream and burn it.

But I'm grasping at anything since I know I have a vacuum leak and can't find it.
(tomorrow's project is to take the throttle body off and replace the O-ring under it and where it meets the charge air tube. Just because I can't find a leak anywhere else!)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I haven't tried it on a Saab but years ago we used to open the valve of a propane torch and blow propane on the hoses and around the intake and carb area until the engine idle changed.

Might that be an option?

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't tried it on a Saab but years ago we used to open the valve of a propane torch and blow propane on the hoses and around the intake and carb area until the engine idle changed.

Might that be an option?
yes, you can do this but the engine has to be running "open loop" becuase otherwise it will adjust faster than you can move the propane around.

if you unplug the MAF that should do the trick, or one of the O2 sensors. you'll then have to re-set the check engine light after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts