SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been discussed at length, but I could never find a definnitive answer as to which strut mount to buy, KYB, OEM, Scan Tech or what about this Corteco/Freudenberg that "mypartscatolog.com" is selling? If I try to save money anf go with the KYB will I be replacing them in a month? I want ot install my Koni Sport Kit soon! Please send me on the right path!
Thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
On another SAAB discussion list, there has been much said about problems with the ScanTech mounts. It could be just a few isolated incidents but I would avoid them just the same. The KYBs are less expensive but quality seems not up to par with the OEM version. No horror stories like the breaking Scantechs though.

I didn't know about the Corteco/Freudenberg supplier so I can't offer any advice about how they compare. How are they on price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey GaryG, Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered the Saab OEM. The Corteco/Freudenberg mount was at "mypartscataolg". They listed it for $72. I guess I felt the difference in price wasn't significant enough to risk it.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
When we talk of strut mounts, I think of the rubber and the bearing assembly; here I know of very little choice. And with the strut type of suspension, the bearing and the rubber are really stressed...

As far as the hydraulics ( inserts/dampers) go, KYB has the good name as does Koni.
I would stick with Sachs (OEM)..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts