SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the correct power steering fluid for out cars? i am running low and Ive never refilled the reservoir myself so i have idea what to use

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
My info has it that the old and new PS fluids cannot be mixed, thus one must be certain of what is in the reservoir. Either read the label or tag that should be on the reservoir or the manaul( I have finally updated mine):cheesy:
I fear you do have a loss of fluid, or accumulated seepage.:cry:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
My info has it that the old and new PS fluids cannot be mixed, thus one must be certain of what is in the reservoir. Either read the label or tag that should be on the reservoir or the manaul( I have finally updated mine):cheesy:
I have added new to old many times. A couple years back I replaced the power steering pump so I drained the reservoir and refilled with new.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats not good! thats one of my friends suggested but i havent noticed any fluid under the car when i park so im hoping there no leaks! As for draining the the reservoir how long of a process is that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts