SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it bugs any other '91 owners, but I have a 1991 CD 2.3Ltr Turbo on many performance parts online stores it's hard to distiguish which model range part I should get. eg.. '86-'91 or '92-'98..

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Like this for example:
9000 '86 - '91 Bilstein Sprintline Kit or 9000 '92 - '98 Bilstein Sprintline Kit.
Which is right for my car?
If it helps this is my vin: YS3CD48MXM1015002

Also the Samco hoses are on the competitors site starting with E-- Parts.
Samco '86 - '91 ....or.... '92 -'98?
I think the later range has a hole for a thermostat at the top radiator hose. my model doesn't have this thermostat. So I'm assuming I go the '86 - '91??

Really appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
987 Posts
its_tricky83 said:
Not sure if it bugs any other '91 owners, but I have a 1991 CD 2.3Ltr Turbo on many performance parts online stores it's hard to distiguish which model range part I should get. eg.. '86-'91 or '92-'98..

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Like this for example:
9000 '86 - '91 Bilstein Sprintline Kit or 9000 '92 - '98 Bilstein Sprintline Kit.
Which is right for my car?
If it helps this is my vin: YS3CD48MXM1015002

Also the Samco hoses are on the competitors site starting with E-- Parts.
Samco '86 - '91 ....or.... '92 -'98?
I think the later range has a hole for a thermostat at the top radiator hose. my model doesn't have this thermostat. So I'm assuming I go the '86 - '91??

Really appreciate the help guys.
The radiator hose with the hole in it is for Automatic equipped cars. This is for an A/C shutoff switch that turns off the A/C compressor if your engine is overheating. '92 was when they started switching the body style to the CS style. They were changing things around till '95 before they got it all sorted back out. For the most part, you should be better off going with '86-91.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thirsty9000 said:
The radiator hose with the hole in it is for Automatic equipped cars. This is for an A/C shutoff switch that turns off the A/C compressor if your engine is overheating. '92 was when they started switching the body style to the CS style. They were changing things around till '95 before they got it all sorted back out. For the most part, you should be better off going with '86-91.
Yeah I think my body shape is better suited to the '86-'91 parts.
As for what you first mentioned... my car is an Automatic and has Auto Climate Control... but I don't have this A/C shutoff feature. Perhaps both hose packages come with that extra hold for the A/C shutoff switch then and I can just plug it up with something?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm sure I'll get flamed a bit for this, but when I replaced my upper radiator hose I just got the one without the hole for the A/C sensor as it was 1/3 of the money. I just zip tied the sensor off in a little nook so that it wasn't flapping about freely. I haven't had any strange reactions to the sensor being out. I think this sensor was put in the '92 and later automatics, I haven't seen an early auto so I can't be too sure. Somebody else on here will be able to clarify. Again, I think the '86-91 would be better for you. If you do end up with a hose that has the hole for the sensor, I'd just buy/find a sensor and screw it in, just not worry about trying to hook it up. I'm not sure, but the Fan speed switch sensor that goes into the radiator over by the turbo may be the same threading, It's certainly similar, If it will thread in that would be cheaper probably. I don't know anybody with one of these cars that doesn't have a few dead fan switch sensors lying around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts