SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MBC which is the best one to get and why.
Also thecheapest place to get it?

I have been looking at the Abbotts one.
I read about MBC1 and 'A'MBC are they all the same ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think your asking which brand right? I just installed the MBC+A from smartperformance and I'm very happy with the quality and instructions provided. I'm waiting for my boost guage before I fully tune it, but even without fully tuning its a kick in the pants:cheesy: Have fun.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
as far as i know yes

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
If I am reading their site properly the Abbott one is an MBC without the Anticipator.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Get a silver one... it'll make your car faster dont you know!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
martin.nicoll said:
Get a silver one... it'll make your car faster dont you know!!!

you do talk rubbish some times :roll: every one knows blue is the fastest colour ;) :cheesy: :cheesy:

seriously, there are two types of MBC bleed off type (Abbott racing) and gate valve (Dawes) the Abbott racing MBC allows boost to bleed off and by adjusting the screw you can let more boost bleed off or less, the more you bleed off the less boost the waste gate actuator sees therefore the more boost you run, the Dawes MBC is a spring and ball arrangement with fits between the turbo and the waste gate actuator, the ball stopped the waste gate actuator seeing the boost until the boost overcomes the spring tension then the waste gate sees boost, the more tension you put on the spring the higher the boost, the problem with this is the waste gate actuator is slow to react to the boost because the diaphragm need to fill with pressure before it can open, this causes boost spikes (when the boost rises above the setting briefly whilst the waste gate actuator fills with pressure) this is where the anticipator comes in, this is just an air pressure reg set low, with the anticipator set low it prefills the WGA with pressure but not enough to open the waste gate therefor when the MBC opens the WGA is already pressurised so can respond faster to stop boost spikes

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I have very strong product loyaltee, I have the SMBC from smart performance and it is a very good part. Jeff is also a really nice guy, so thats always a plus.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Not sure you can unless you make one but seeing as the $ / £ exchange rate is very favourable to us Brits at the moment it makes importing one no-brainer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry
I have no pronlem with importing one its just that the smartperformance one that was recomended dont export to the U.k
This is what its says on the site ?

Any one else do one

Please

1 - 16 of 16 Posts