SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch cable poped about 2 min. from my house on Friday:evil:! If it wasn't on a hill I could have pushed it home. So my question is: Is the manual cable from thesaabsite.com the best or should I run the Nissan or whatever the non oem one is? And yes I know I should go hydo but I don't have $450+ right now, and if I did I would go Stg 4+.

So whats you guy's opinion? I would like to order this today if ya'll can help. Thanks!

JT

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
The has been hashed and re-hashed ad infinitum on the forums, but here goes: LuK Clutch Cable

It's one I'm personally using now. No issues yet and it fits right in. ***It is the manually adjustable cable, not the OEM auto adjusting which is crap because it fails to auto adjust when it gets old.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's an auto adj. right, not manual adj.?:confused:

jt

Correction: I see the Manual adj. now up towards the top!

So how long have you had it in Harquebus?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The has been hashed and re-hashed ad infinitum on the forums, but here goes: LuK Clutch Cable

It's one I'm personally using now. No issues yet and it fits right in. ***It is the manually adjustable cable, not the OEM auto adjusting which is crap because it fails to auto adjust when it gets old.

Harquebus how long you been running that?

Auto Zone is 3 min. from my house so I would really like to get that one due to its price and location.

Thanks for your help bro,

JT

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
Not for very long (since Oct. 09 I'm guessing and about 2,500 miles on it). There's no way to tell about its longevity at this point but I needed a clutch cable and AZ delivered it in 1-2 days from their warehouse as it wasn't in stock at that time.

It was recommended by others on this forum by source and brand (AutoZone and LuK, respectively) as well as it being manually adjustable versus the OEM auto-adjust version. Incidentally, the actual wire cable on my original cable did not snap, just a piece of the outer housing where it snaps into the bracket on the transmission did and it allowed a lot of free play and looseness in the pedal. I thought it snapped like a thread when the pedal went to the floor with ease but it wasn't the case.

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
There's a guide for replacing the clutch cable with a hydraulic system but it explains how to remove the old one and doing the reverse for the install should be more than helpful. It's on Platonoff.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Harquebus,

I had the same fail on mine, very common. And I already have it out but thanks for the link (I've used that site a lot over the last couple years).
I think I will run with the one you have in and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for your help bro!:cool:

JT

·
Registered
117 Posts

i second that. i have the LuK manual adjust cable and it works great. easy to adjust, just remove the fuse box and the adjustment is right there.

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
And.... one more thing, :cheesy: a hint: the old cable, as you know, snapped into a hook-shaped bracket about midway along the cable assembly's length. This bracket is located under the fuse box in the engine compartment. The new manual adj. cable will no longer fit into the bracket as that's where the threaded portion of the manual adjust is located, so let it just dangle free.

Ain't it funny how they (AZ) never have the cable in the store? I tried all the other usual sources; Napa, Advance Auto and a few import auto places and the prices kept escalating out of control so I settled for the wait. :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts