SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the C Track load bars for my car and I'm looking to put two kayaks side by side on my roof. I see everything from the Thule Hullaport J rack to no name universal ones on ebay. Just wondering if there is C track J rack version or if any of these will come with the hardware to slide in to the c track and not just the traditional square load bars sold by Thule etc.????

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
honetly i must say i'm completely lost on what your asking but i am interested in the roof rack so i'm going to stay tuned in :D

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Some of us have big, aluminum colored oval crossbars on our racks, they have a little groove for accessories - this style is called C-track. (you also see these same crossbars on pickups with ladder racks a lot http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/...GTKW=TracRac&gclid=CIPPyoPfrbACFUFo4AodQllIVQ)

I don't know the answer, either, but I too want to add a kayak rack :D

EDIT - I just looked on Amazon - I bet if you bought some panhead bolts at the hardware store you could make this one work.
Amazon.com: Univerisal Roof J Rack Kayak Boat Canoe Surf Ski Car Top Carrier: Automotive

That's what I used to hold my carrier box on mine last year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw these "universal" ones. Read a post on another board where someone had said they use a Thule Hullaport J Rack with their C Track bars and it bolts up fine. Maybe I'll check out the pan head bolts at our local fastener shop. They were the ones who hooked me up with the missing hardware in stainless for .88 instead of 26.00 plus shipping from Saab Parts USA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts