SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an embarrassing place to break down? Try doing it on a ferry!

I'm pretty sure its my fuel pump on my 92 16v, but how do I know which one to buy? Is there a way I can referene this against my vin number?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
clanky said:
Looking for an embarrassing place to break down? Try doing it on a ferry!

I'm pretty sure its my fuel pump on my 92 16v, but how do I know which one to buy? Is there a way I can referene this against my vin number?
I don't know if there's a reference that works against VIN's, but I do have a link you can look at:

http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/Catalogue/saab.htm

It's linked from my tech library page too.

Craig.

·
4,637 Posts
Ha! I had that once on a ferry. Didn't break down but the handbrake wasn't holding very well. There was a long steep ramp up to our car deck and I was in the middle of a line of cars. I waited at the bottom of the ramp for the car in front to clear the top. Cars behind were getting impatient so I started up the ramp while the car in front was still on it (but still moving). The car behind me started up the ramp immediately after me. Then, of course, the car in front had to stop just at the top of the ramp and I had to stop behind. Then I had to try to do a handbrake start while sliding slowly backwards towards the car behind!!...

The other one was where the LPT had blown a head gasket on holiday in France. It got towed to the ferry and we got a hire car but we turned that in at Cherbourg and drove the LPT onto the ferry. We weren't sure if we would be able to drive off at Rosslare though...

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would suggest giving the guys at SD a call. They gave me lots of usefull info and were able to get me higher flow unit including the entire assembly for less then the price of oem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts