1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
You'll be fine with the 77-82 degree one. If it hasn't been done for a while, it is worth replacing the fan switch, thermostat and doing a coolant flush all at the same time. Most people advise using an 82 degree thermostat with a 16V turbo, but abn 89 works fine as well. Service schedule for complete cooling system service is every 2 years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jezzadee

I notice your ID says your Saab has 190bhp. How do you manage that, I know my Saab can't be anywhere near that.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
remember if you have a/c to make sure the driver side (north america) fan is comming on, if only the passenger side is comming on (it clicks on when things get really hot or a/c is turned on) then this should be figured out as well. some advice would be to get a genuine saab swtich and thermostat, i constantly struggle with these terrible fan swtiches,hower i know mine aren't genuine, and yes the lower the degree swtich the better i imagine!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
cneglia said:
I notice your ID says your Saab has 190bhp. How do you manage that, I know my Saab can't be anywhere near that.
I use a bleed valve (also called MBC) to raise turbo boost pressure. You can do the same thing by adjusting your APC pots - there's lots of information on this in the Performance and Mods section and on www.900aero.com . I didn't have an APC on my car because it was originally a Light Pressure Turbo, rated at 145 bhp. Yours will be 160 bhp. Easy to turn the power up on these cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A/C Cools down the car

Thats how I knew the fan was not coming on. As soon as it heated up I would put the A/C on, kicking on the 2nd fan and cooling down the car in about 2 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts