SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to the forums. I'm not exactly what you'd call an expert on cars, so I'm going to need your help. I just purchased a great condition 2003 saab 9-3 SE convertible, the 2.0t one. Excellent car. It really is. I'm just wishing it had a little more power. I'm not looking to turn this thing into a track car or anything, but I was thinking maybe going to a stage 2 or 3 tune with it? I guess I'm not really sure. But from what I've seen, a stage 1-2 tune is basically equipping a better air intake for my turbo and a better exhaust system. Please feel free to correct me if I sound like a complete idiot. I heard that the BSR air intake works well in this car because I don't have to adjust anything. So even though it's a little more expensive than most other intakes, I figured I'd rather spend a little extra and do it right than accidentally ruin my car. Now, for the real question. Can anyone point me in the direction of a nice, good exhaust system that will sound and look nice, as well as give me the most bang for my buck? I'm willing to spend up to around $700 for it, although, I'd rather spend a little less if possible. Again, not looking to turn this thing into a rocketship. Just trying to increase the acceleration and maybe the top speed by a bit. Maybe up it to 240-ish horsepower or so, if that doesn't sound too unreasonable. I believe it's currently at 175hp, if what I'm looking at is correct. I'm not sure. Can anyone answer my question to finding the right exhaust for me, correct my errors, and maybe give me some tips for what I want/need? Thank you all for any help. I've been reading threads on this site for a while now and the saab community is a very friendly one, and I'm happy to be a part of it now. Thanks for any help to this knowledge-lacking saab owner!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts