SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from a previous post I would like to know what my T5 ECU + sensors and controls are doing to try and identify a boost instability between 2 and 4k rpm. I believe I can record and or display this data from the OBD II port via a laptop or PDA. Anyone have any experience with this and what software/hardware works with the T5 ECU?

·
Registered
867 Posts
CarChip

CarChip allows you to monitor 5 of 25 possible selectable paramaters through the OBDII connection. The only bad thing is it is not real time. You have to remove the recorder from the car and download the data to a PC.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm more interested in a recorder than real time display - I want to be watching the road if I'm pushing the engine to find any limits rather than any screen.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
no...
You want to monitor things as they happen. (carry a passenger)

but the two I showed you do both. log and R.T.D.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I can log data I can see what is happening in far greater detail when I get it on a PC screen later - comparing ignition timing vs boost vs rpm is not that easy when you are driving.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just about to bid on a Carchip E/X in Ebay but after doing some research I found it's minimum sample frequency was 5seconds:eek: - good enough for recording trip data but useless for recording anything meaningfull about engine performance. I need a logger that has at least a 1/2 second sample frequency and idealy faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts