SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year i'm planning on repainting my saab. It has a few rust spots and is a little damaged every now and then. Original paint looks like ****, literally (light brown). What would be the crazyest colour to put on?!?

PS: I was thinking black, or maybe orange.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If it's a classic 900 then there's only one colour to have in my biased opinon and that's black especially if you have tan interior.... lovely!! :D

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
I know this must sound mono toned but black!

White looks strange and makes the car look dated, orange is so not right, and looks better on fruit.

Grey is nice, silver is nice, blue is awful! green? naaaa.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Paint

It's gotta b Saab 158 - Metallic Grey - perfect colour for old Saabs.:cheesy:

I was thinking of doing the same but decided to stick with the 158, have you seen the montecarlo yellow rag tops, that was an option, or this real nice pug sunset orange, but i think that may have been a bit girlie!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Black for me, or a nice dark metallic blue. I wouldn't go too crazy (like oranges greens etc) it is a classic after all.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Cirrus white :cheesy: What else ... ?
Actually, I'm a great fan of Odourado(sp?) Grey ... that, or Cirrus White :cool:

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
In my view these are the best colours:

- Black
- Odouro ;) Grey
- Le mans blue
- Green
- Citrin Beige
- Red (like my carlsson)

Advisory for each:

Black - needs to be washed every three days to keep it looking acceptible. Similar for the blue and the green.

Odouro (?) grey - Nice colour for general useage, difficult to get a grey show-stopper as the grey never really shines like the other colours - flat colours are great for this. Grey hides dirt and scratches much better than anything else - this is a lifestyle choice. General day to day appearance is great. i.e. a dirty grey is much better than a dirty black.

Le Mans Blue - A great colour but does need to be kept clean. The cleaner the better.

Green - Quite rare and very good with beige leather. Green seems to come with cross-spoke alloys and 5-door shell (around here) - although I have seen some coupe's in that colour. Probably not as good for a massive shine session like red, black or blue.

Red - striking - must have airflow bodykit as the grey bumpers don't go so well with the red bodywork. Red paint fades more eaisly than other colours.

Citrin beige - this is a very rare colour. I've only seen 1 classic 900 in this colour and it looked great. It looks a bit like cream but when the light catches it in the right way it seems to change and look darker.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
My favorite is Edwardian/Odorado Grey, black, then nothing else matters...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If I was doing it I'd go for something rare like "pearlescent white" or "Gold" there are a couple of gold ones here in Sydney and they look awesome.

I don't think you should paint it a stock factory colour if you have the chance. Why not paint it a colour that'll make people say "Wow I didn't know thaey had 900's in that colour!"

Or what about some of the classic 1950's colours like "canary yellow" which is a yellowy beige or pale blue.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Orca said:
Cirrus white :cheesy: What else ... ?
Actually, I'm a great fan of Odourado(sp?) Grey ... that, or Cirrus White :cool:
What else but Cirrus White the TRUE Saab colour :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy:

Paul

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
i like my blue, i have yet to see another saab in this colour! i thought it looked stange the first time i saw it, but now i like it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So black it will be. Thanks.

BTW, the car is: c900 8v twin-carb year 1983 with 177.000km

·
Registered
577 Posts
ejenner said:
Cinemarr - I believe that car you pictured is finished in Citrin Beige? I could be wrong - but it does look like that. I does appear to be a re-spray - but that is how Citrin Beige looks.
Nope, that's "Pearl White" A very special, very expensive, and very difficult colour. Standard on the 29 pre-production T16S (MY83) prototypes including Pearlescent coloured Aero wheels. A very expensive optional colour for other models for only a few years available. And it looks, euhm, pearl... :p

Check: http://www.saabnl.nl/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Jelmers-Saab for more pictures of this lucky Dutch owner who found one in Sweden. :D

Oh, and personally I'm a big fan of Rose Quartz in combination with a red velours interior! :cheesy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
That pearlescent white reminds me of a 900 I had which was "Champagne" metallic, an odd colour that I think got replaced by Citron (I remember that the V5 said the car's colour was beige...). I think one of the best colours is Irridium Blue, but I've only seen it on the 1990 SE model.

As for my own cars, my 900 is Platana grey with Dover grey leather - rather understated but very nice. The 9000 is the complete opposite, being Imola Red and sitting on the chunky five-spoke Saab alloys - a Swedish take on Starsky and Hutch's Gran Torino? The turbo-sofa sadly has no leather - however, to go with the paint it would have to be cream or tan, and I wonder that that would look just a little over the top...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts