SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new A/C condenser for my 1997 CSE turbo. Looking at ebay and various vendors there are a bewildering number of replacements available with pricing all over the place. I'm assuming that real OEM is either unavailable or priced out of sight and of course the used ones are all 15+ years old, which leaves the aftermarket. Are there any recommendations for an aftermarket condenser that's decent build quality and fits well? (U.S. based vendor preferred.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A condenser is a condenser. That's a case where I would shop by price alone.
I'm mainly concerned about a good fit since there is not a lot of wiggle room in there. I've read that some of the Chinese cheapies are not quite right which makes installation a sporting proposition. Time is money, I'd be happy to pay a little more for something that will just fit properly.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
They're all the same, how well yours fits is the luck of the draw. Pay more if you like.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I wouldn't spend more than $100. Are you changing the drier as well? The less time the system is open, the better. I believe the oil absorbs moisture from the air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't spend more than $100. Are you changing the drier as well? The less time the system is open, the better. I believe the oil absorbs moisture from the air.
Yes, a new drier will also be installed.

I thought there might be some variation between manufacturers, but if the situation is that the replacement condensers are all coming out of the same sweat shops in China using the same design then price would be the only criteria.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts