SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cars a 94 v6, and off the front of what i believe to be the oil pan there is a wire with a connector on the end of it, roughly a foot long, and i was wondering what thats supposed to connect to??
Tyler

·
Registered
30 Posts
post a picture. Could be a sensor wire. Are there any of those idiot lights on. I'm new to Saabs but not cars. Do you have the ability to pull codes?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have one cel but im 99% sure its not related, i dont have a cam but i can post a basic pic
Tyler

the wire is located about where that baggy is at the bottom of the pic... sorry for the Sh*tty explanation

·
Registered
30 Posts
perhaps it's an oil sensor that tells you when your low on oil? I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone on this forum will come through for you. Is that your motor? Did you pull the previous one out? Can you trace the wiring loom to see if there is a free wire?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Its either an oil pressure transmitter line (one connection) or an oxygen sensor (three or four connections).

Maybe it is the SID exterior temperature sensor line .....maybe...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking that it might be a low oil sensor, but i was searching around and i cant seem to find the other end??? if i can get my camera phone to work i will take a picture of the wire tonight. Tyler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts