SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I'm only getting boost half way up the boost gage. My car feels sluggish so I'm assuming that the gage is correct and I'm not using full boost. I checked my post turbo intake and there are no leaks. My bpv doesn't make any strange noises, and the inside looks clean without damage (took it off and looked into the 25mm holes).

I'll probably buy a new Forge bpv and a mbc+a to start modifying my car, but I want to make sure everything is working perfectly first.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be???

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
You can give a pull on it. It will go toward the right. Grab a hold of the arm and pull it open. It should move freely with some resistance. Make sure it can do that. Check your BPC and wiring harness. If the harness has come unattached, you will run base boost so boost would be reduced. You could do a quick run with the line disconnected from the WGA but be carefull as the turbo will spool up and boost hard. You will hit a fuel cut. this would be just to check if the WGA is working or if you have BPC problem.

I still say it sounds normal pre-MBC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine seems to be doing the same thing....whats all the abbrevations BPC,WGA etc... and what checks should i be doing.....sory for being stupid but its a while since i worked on a car

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pulled on the rod for the WGA and it moves left and right a half inch but its fairly stiff. Then I ran the car pretty hard with the hose from the BPC to the WGA disconnected and it made no difference the car reached half boost and held right up to fuel cut off.

What now????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts