SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where does one purchase a tech 2 reader for home use?. what is a reasonable price? I need to program a new key on my 2011 9-3. I live at least 3 to 4 hours from saab facility and have no friends with a tech 2 reader. I think it might be the best decision to buy a tech 2 reader. My the buttons on my working key are getting mangled so I need to work fast. Hopefully someone can advise me.

thanks in advance. sincerely

·
Registered
03 vert se-sports pkg, 01 viggen vert
533 Posts
There are chinese knockoffs available online. A google search provides results. If you want a genuine unit you might search ebay or look through saab forums classifides

·
Registered
2009 Saab 9-3 TID Convertible
113 Posts
Yea got mine off eBay... Don't forget you will need a PC to go with it for a lot of things. And I think the 2011 model is a bit different to previous years? Anyone confirm that about the 2011 models?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have a laptop that should work for the pc component. I guess I search for a Chinese clone to keep the cost down

·
Registered
598 Posts

There are a lot of options between tech 2 and Mdi clones. Check out the tech 2 and GlobalTIS threads in the tech 2 forum section.

This will have the software you need available and how to get it to work and run older JAVA parallel with current Java and which executables when downloaded by GlobalTIS need to be force set to open with the correct Java web app start service.

My setup below running on a surface pro 3 with MDI 2 clone with Tech2win and GlobalTIS for security access.

Motor vehicle Hood Personal computer Gear shift Computer

·
Registered
598 Posts
I haven’t tried it with touchscreen yet to be honest. It’s a full out shop pc with WIS and EPC so I’m always using the keyboard and touchpad.

Reactions: jvanabra
1 - 8 of 8 Posts