SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 9-5 2.3l auto

So, long story short, had a few pcv hoses disconnected that I found. It all started with a repair for the broken check valve. Anyhow, I ended up doing the repair for the entire oil trap, the large one for 04+. I tried the "out the top" method before learning that the out the bottom method is much easier. The large nozzle that connects the oil trap (21345243) snapped off in the back of the block. I have tried everything to get it out, I'm afraid a few pieces may have fallen into the block. Does this fall directly into the oil pan? Anyhow I'm not sure I'll be able to finish this job on two jack stands in my apartment. How much do you thing the local saab specialty shop would charge to fix this? The trap is out but I cant get the exhaust off to remove it. I have all the new hoses and parts, any cost would be strictly labor, but 50% is done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it out!!! I was gonna plastic epoxy-weld a large allen wrench to it, but twisting this file in it worked!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey man, CONGRATULATIONS!! What a relief you must be feeling right about now, huh? Great job, good work and bravo! Been there, done that. Not this exact job, but one's that you're sure that you're beat, but you keep thinkin and tryin. Using different tools. MAKING tools. And then, finally, coming up with the "winning combination". Now, about that garage.......hahaha. NEVER give up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts