SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good price on a reman power steering pump for my 1992 9000s. I'm not 100% sure on the 80 or 115v alternator and i don't think i've seen one for less than 200$ which seems like alot for a reman. Any insider tips?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Check ebay, there are usually 2-3 listings with power steering pumps, usually come from wrecks. That's where I got mine from...

klim

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey faceplant, do you want a power steering pump or an alternator? You start off about the ps pump, but the 2nd sentence is about an alternator.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uk9k: the reason i talk about the alternator is because there are two different power steering pumps for the different alternators. One for an 80 and one for a 115 and both span the year of my car so i'm not 100% sure which one i have so it was sortof a secondary question about which one i have.

Mulik: Also, i got mine from a car in a local junkyard and it doesn't leak but with this cold weather it likes to be tough and squeal so i'm sortof hesitant to get another used one.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have at least two PS pumps in my garage collecting dust. They are both from 94 and later. You can have it cheap. I am also now out of the country so that adds another layer of difficulty. Junkyard is probably your best bet. They last forever I thought.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my original one took quite a beating, after replacing the steering rack a total of 4 times every time getting a reman one from the same company that kept leaking and running out of fluid it kicked the bucket. Now it just likes to squeal and turn a bit tough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts