SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
I'd keep an eye out for them on eBay. Both styles (bridge and pedestal) are rare, but the bridge spoiler is far rarer. I've only seen one wagon with a spoiler on it in person.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ive seen one and loved it. A Saab OEM on the net is $650 for a supposed OEM, so ~$135 including shipping from the EU is cheap

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
What style are you looking at? The smaller pedestal one that attaches to the hatch with three arms, is, or at least was, available as a ProParts version for far less. I had emailed one of the European eBay sellers about how their knock-off of the bridge spoiler attached, and was told that it just used tape. One guy on here had his rare bridge spoiler ripped off and broken by a car wash, and that was an original bolted on factory spoiler, I think, so a tape-on spoiler had me a little concerned. I have another knock-off of the bridge spoiler, which was made by a US company. It also tapes on, but has four screws that go through the hatch, too. I'll install it one of these days when I have the spare cash to have it painted. It came in red, but my wagon is white.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jeremy. I noticed that the bridge had no bolt holes and thought WTH? but if the 3 hole can get ripped off in a car wash is not good, as it would force me to wash my own car, which I loved to do when I was a lot younger, but at 72 not so much. I still haven't Ceramic waxed my car

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
That would be interesting if it's true, especially since a new V70 spoiler is less than $250, but the tops of the hatches of the V70 and the 9-5 seem to have different shapes. The V70 looks like it has a smooth curve, but the 9-5 has a sharper corner. I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has heard of someone doing this.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idea for either of the spoilers how about heavy duty magnets to hold them in place, but easily removed for auto car washes?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks Jeremy. I noticed that the bridge had no bolt holes and thought WTH? but if the 3 hole can get ripped off in a car wash is not good, as it would force me to wash my own car, which I loved to do when I was a lot younger, but at 72 not so much. I still haven't Ceramic waxed my car
I have one on my car and no problems. The good ones are bolted on with 3 6mm screws.

But I would NEVER subject a car I love to a GD car wash. I am 77, a 15XSaabOwner and still wash my own cars. Auto car washers are very destructive to venicles.

I installed the spoiler myself and it is very well engineered.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
But I would NEVER subject a car I love to a GD car wash.
Sadly we HAVE to use car washes in the great white north or your car will be devoured by the great white salt.

Touchless car washes rinse the salt out of crevices and panels and help preserve our cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts