SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just placed a deposit on a 9.2X Aero. I had the good fortune to testdrive both the Aero and Linear today. I have to say that they were both a blast to drive. I'm looking for tourque and hp curves for the two engines, can someone point me in the direction of where I could find some?

The reason that I ask is because I'm coming from an Audi A4 1.8T, which though it has less power has a much broader range of torue. I've gotten quite lazy in my driving since there is not a lot of shifting involved in keeping it in its power band. Seems that will change with the Saab and I figure it would be helpful to know where the power starts. Seems like it needs to be up around 4000 RPM to produce good power...but when it's on it definitely produces (big SEG factor).

Also, the Aero's A/C was not working (my deal is of course contingent on this being corrected). Is this something that I should be concerned about? I suspect it's just a blown fuse or something simple, anyone know what other things are on the same fuse?

Thanks,
Rodney

·
Registered
89 Posts
For the 2.5, assuming nothing has changed from the Subaru motor...

The result is a very flat torque curve throughout the rev range and 83 per cent of the torque peak is already available at just over 1 000r/min. This treatment of the performance curve also returns improved fuel consumption figures and lower emissions levels, says Subaru. The RS is powered by a 2.5-litre normally aspirated horizontally opposed four-cylinder boxer engine.
Says The Herald. They have other information, but I can't/don't feel like converting watts and Newton-meters to US power standards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts