SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Vacuum Switch for cruise control and also one im not sure what it is for. Any help? and Where can I find the best price online for these parts? i've been to thesaabsite.com only and wondering if anyone knows a better place for maybe used parts, cheaper.

Thanks
Michael

Shot at 2012-06-11

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
One switch disables the APC, locking you in Base Boost when the cruise control is engaged. You can disconnect it and throw it away.
The other one operates your Upshift Light which has probably already been disabled. You can disconnect it and throw it away.

Cheap enough?

Unplug the Cool Fan Timer relay between the two vacuum switches to clean all the contacts. Apply a little petroleum product of any kind to retard corrosion.
Not only cheap, but it proves I'm psychic, able to spot impending trouble.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One switch disables the APC, locking you in Base Boost when the cruise control is engaged. You can disconnect it and throw it away.
The other one operates your Upshift Light which has probably already been disabled. You can disconnect it and throw it away.

Cheap enough?
So...basically neither will have me run into any problems later? I dont use cruise control or the upshift light. My turbo isn't boosting until 3rd gear anyway, could that be an issue?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Deductive

>>So...basically neither will have me run into any problems later?<<

>>Correct. It's safe to say that I'm more often right than wrong about things like this.<<

So logically it means you have at least a 51% chance that you won't run into problems later. :D

But being a new C900 owner myself it's nice to know these things.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
So logically it means you have at least a 51% chance that you won't run into problems later.
Correct.
Call me a braggart if you will, but I claim that following my advice is better than random choice.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I think you may find that Jim runs a fair bit closer to 99% right 99% of the time ... but then again I am often known to be wrong ;ol; and 57.5% of statistics are made up on the spot

What intrigues me .. HOW does the original poster know that he needs to replace them , if he has no idea of there purpose ? Is there an expiry date stamped on there somewhere ?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I bet some SAAB 'expert' diagnosed them for him.
Something or other doesn't work, the guy can't find the problem so he blames it on some things he doesn't understand. I spent my whole working career in the automotive service business. Ignorance and incompetence are rampant, far outweighing the fraud and theft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts