SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please look at my thread on ng900 og93 workshop

Car: 1999 Saab 9-3 b204L, stock t25, going to upgrade to TD04-19T after injectors.

I'm going to purchase some DEKA IV injectors (the big 80lb ones) as an upgrade and was wondering if anyone has had experience with maxspeedingrods.com. They sell some very cheap DEKA IV series injectors (8 for $113 or so) and I want to know if they are any good. Other options are quite expensive: $225 for 4 from Genuine Saab, $180 for 4 from highflowfuel.com. I'm ok with slightly lower quality for the price, as long as they wont harm the engine. If you have any other websites to get cheap injectors that would be great as well!

Also, are they a direct bolt in for the b204L? I'm assuming I'll have to figure out connectors but that shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks!

·
Registered
806 Posts

With the factory plug and everything, I bought these exactly for my 9-3, they also sell the smaller 60# in a set of 4. The Siemens injectors are a bit longer than stock parts, at least on T7 cars, Taliaferro sells a spacer kit or you can just use a stack of washers and longer bolts.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
You can buy injectors for Lk9 engines from ZZPerformance.com with both EV1 stock harness or EV6 harness. Pick what you wish. In Canada there is an excellent source for injectors racetronix but they are not as cheap as zzp. I use and buy from both

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I already went for the $110 set of 8 from ebay, they apparently have EV1 connectors. I'll update when I install them. Do you know what the length difference is from stock to Siemans?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I did a little more research. I read some posts here and here that seem to indicate that the stock injector length (on a b204l) is are 60mm, same length as the DEKAs I ordered. So I think the spacer is only for T7 cars. In which case the spacer length should be 60mm - 48mm = 12mm. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
You can buy injectors for Lk9 engines from ZZPerformance.com with both EV1 stock harness or EV6 harness. Pick what you wish. In Canada there is an excellent source for injectors racetronix but they are not as cheap as zzp. I use and buy ftpm

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I can’t remember the length off hand I can measure in an lsj I am replacing injectors on in a while. But they should fit no problem. You may need to replace the injector buckets that’s a big issue for that style of engine assuming the lk9 uses them

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received the injectors yesterday, and had time to install them and tune the car a little bit. As I mentioned previously, the blue ones are a knock-off version of Siemen's DEKA 80lb injectors manufactured by "maxspeedingrods.com" (or so the ebay listing said). Here are a few pictures of new vs old:

It appears that the stock injectors have a four hole spray design where as the DEKA style knock off injectors have a cone style spray design. Anyone know pros and cons for these?

For anyone wondering, these are a physically DIRECT swap (again as mentioned previously to a b204l). Same diameter, length, connector, and the retaining clip works too.

The tuning went well, definitely need a wideband O2 sensor. It is very doable without a dyno, as long as you have a friend who can drive while you tune. That being said, a dyno definitely makes it easier.

The one issue I'm having now is that the startup is a bit rough. I'll probably go over to trionictuning.com and figure it out, but does anyone here have any suggestions?

To conclude, from my experience so far I'd recommend these. Only $110 for 8! Idk if they have a four pack listing, I got two engines I want to put them in so it worked out.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts