SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know where I can buy a (hopefully) cheap spare tire for my 9-3 Turbo X 2008? Anything will do, even a donut? Can you please give me as much detail as possible? Thanks very much.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
I am a big fan of having a full sized spare. There is a post with pictures to show how to make a tire fit in a 9-3.

Your situation is different because the Turbo X wheel is probably larger. I think a 235 width tire is a bit too wide for the floor to close completely. However, it can be done as long as you accept the resultant fit (or lack of fit).

Wheels that fit over a Turbo X's brakes are far less common. Find a cheaper wheel or spend the money and buy the exact same wheel. Write up a report with photos!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI I just ordered a wheel and tire from Tire Rack. A used wheel cost me $53, and the cheapest 18 inch tire was a General for $127. This is a bargain since the Pirelli's on this thing go for $180 each! They are mounting and balancing at no charge and shipping to me in 3 days. Thanks for your help - now I will have a spare and peace of mind (it still amazes me they sell this car without a spare, but go figure...)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
FYI I just ordered a wheel and tire from Tire Rack. A used wheel cost me $53, and the cheapest 18 inch tire was a General for $127. This is a bargain since the Pirelli's on this thing go for $180 each! They are mounting and balancing at no charge and shipping to me in 3 days. Thanks for your help - now I will have a spare and peace of mind (it still amazes me they sell this car without a spare, but go figure...)

Anytime!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
tirerack sells used wheels?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I also want to get a spare. I think I have to give up the subfloor (sportcombi) for it to fit. The Bose subwoofer may also be an issue.

I wonder if a compact spare will suffice. If I were to flat on a front wheel, I would put the compact spare on one of the rears and move the good rear to front to clear the brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts