SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
about a foot in from the passenger side front wheel is where the drain plug is and the filter is approxiamtely undernaeth the passenger side headlight a foot in.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
JMarkert said:
:nono; Careful, don't follow him too closely, he caused a massive oil leak! :cheesy: :lol:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51799

Just kidding, there's nothing DougR could have really done to cause a leak, it's just a coincidence :D
ROFL! I figured I would leave that thread out of it. ;oops::p

Heh, in that case, read that one too...it may save you that post as well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On any normal day, I'd have spent more time searching for a thread like that, but I was in a big hurry as I had to pick my daughter up from daycare in a very short amount of time. I'd already drained the oil, but I couldn't, for the life of me, find the filter. I found it after being told about where to look, but it still took me several minutes. The problem? It was so caked with dirt and grime that it was completely unrecognizable as an oil filter. ;oops:

I did search for an answer originally, but you try a search for "oil and filter" and see how many pages it returns! I searched through the first three pages of results and decided I didn't have the time.

That's what I get for letting the Saab service shop always do my oil changes. ;)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If you are trying to find threads on specific topics, and not just a thread with the phrase, best thing is to go into advanced search, and then search thread title only. There for it will only bring up threads where people asked questions specifically about oil changes.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The problem? It was so caked with dirt and grime that it was completely unrecognizable as an oil filter. ;oops:

This is scary ! I must have changed 10,000 filters, and never have seen one that dirty.
I hope you did not see any cobwebs around the filter...

And Doug , ask as many questions as you wish - remember, the question NOT asked could be the "stupid" one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts