SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm currently pillaging my spare 9000 for, er, spares. Its a 2.3 auto fpt. Removed the front passenger seat ( RHD car ) - surprised to see there isn't an APC box.
Where is it?! I'm no expert but I assumedi would be lurking under the seat.
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Before model year 1993 there will be a separate DI/APC control box on Turbo cars, either underneath the left front seat or in the left front corner of the aquarium.

With 1993 and up Turbo 9000's the Trionic ECU handles both the Fuel injection and DI/APC control, so there will not be a separate ecu for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My '93 9000FPT is Trionic. But the boost gauge says turbo/APC :cool:

So does mine! It was reg'd in late Jan 1993, my insurance broker is still argueing with me that it was reg'd in 1992. Im the one with the original invoice for the car and the reg document....

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
So does mine! It was reg'd in late Jan 1993, my insurance broker is still argueing with me that it was reg'd in 1992. Im the one with the original invoice for the car and the reg document....
Silly insurance person. Only bit of data that should matter for insurance is when the car was built. WHen it was first registered is irrelevant. That's probably another story though. :cool:

My 1990 9k 2.0 carlsson has the DI/APC box located under the LHS (pass side) front seat.

Craig.

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
Only bit of data that should matter for insurance is when the car was built.
In the US, nobody cares when it was built. Only the Model Year is important.

It is a Turbo/APC, even with Trionic. It's just that the knock-detecting/boost-control function is in a different box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts