SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
1993 900c Turbo convertible:

Bentley manual says that Charcoal cannister is behind driver headlight.
I haver turbo . The only thing I see is air filter and turbo hoses .

Am I looking in wrong spot ?
3 photos below:

Yes. You're looking in the wrong spot. It's in between the inner and outer fender under and in front of the apc module

·
Registered
593 Posts
Where’s the what?

Ok guys, you got me on this I’ve had my 900 for over ten years and never knew it had a charcoal canister, where it might be located, and most importantly, what is it for?
Please educate me on this

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Every car since the '70s has one... they're mandated by law. They capture fuel vapors from the fuel tank, store them, and cycle them into the engine once it's warmed up.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Itself? Generally no. Sometimes they can fail and leak, but that's uncommon. The vacuum lines to and from them however do require attention like any other rubber part, and the purge valves (mechanical or electrical, depending on year) fail from time to time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, I learn something new every day.
So does it require service or replacement?
You can check to be sure the canister isn't clogged by blowing through it. Otherwise no service needed to my understanding. Usually the vacuum lines crack or the canister gets clogged.

I just located my canister and it doesn't look connected to anything. Guess I'll add that to the list of things to sort out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts