SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I am in the process of an engine rebuild and my digital camera died...it registered that it took the photos but the pictures somehow got all "garbled". :cry:

I need help with the hose routing off of the PCV Valve in the valve cover. I know where the smaller hose on top goes, but I don't want to just guess where the larger one goes.

The only thing I can see is that it could go into the throttle body housing on the front-top fitting....this is purely by process of elimination though.:roll: Also if it goes there can I use vaccum hose or should it be thicker fuel line?

I have looked at every photo I can find on the internet of a Saab engine and I can not easily trace this hose since it goes down under the intake manifold.

So if anyone can run out to their car, pop the hood and take a look for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I think the line you're talking about goes to the air intake just downstream of the AMM. It goes onto a nipple that plugs into that pipe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooops....forgot to mention it was an 89' N/A 16V....good catch Matthew.:cool:

Thanks for the diagram, but my AMM does not have a connection on it and I did not have a hose running through the system that has junctions from it like the one in the picture shows.

In looking at everything again last night....the only open connection is on the Throttle Body in front of the line that connects to the AIC, right up against the intake hose for the AMM.

Now I wish I had not thrown all the hoses away during disassembly. ;oops:

Any other ideas, photos or diagrams will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts