SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found a natural home for my sunglasses yet.. the center cupholder seems too shallow at the front, and the storage area is going to have them rub up against other items and get scratched.. any smart tricks out there? (some way to put them on the visor?)

Has anyone tried the sunglass holder from the VW Beetle (takes the place of the oh-&hit handle).. longshot that it would fit, but ya never know...

Mike

·
Registered
759 Posts
In the pocket on the front of the seat....it's very soft in there, so no case is needed, just put them in naked.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nickshu said:
In the pocket on the front of the seat....it's very soft in there, so no case is needed, just put them in naked.
hmm, within good reach too. my favorite answer so far. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Nickshu said:
Oooh...never thought of that Nick.

I usually put them in the drivers (or passenger) door well.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Same here, for the drivers door well/pocket.

But I'm going to check out the front pocket option next time I'm in the car. I'd be concerned you'd streach the pocket out.

JonV said:
HardCase, Drivers Door Well/Pocket. It's not Rocket Science ;)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
MichSaab said:
Same here, for the drivers door well/pocket.

But I'm going to check out the front pocket option next time I'm in the car. I'd be concerned you'd streach the pocket out.
Not at all, that takes wallet and sunglasses nicely.

·
Registered
128 Posts
zim2dive said:
I haven't found a natural home for my sunglasses yet.. Mike
I put them on my face directly above my nose at ALL times. Even at night like Corey Hart, but better 'cuz I don't suck. Couldn't resist!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nickshu said:
Gee, I've had the car for one month and never even knew those pockets was there. Very cool!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
1st

the very first thing i found in the car when it was new was NO ADEQUATE place for my sunglasses. Especially the reflective surface requires that it not be scratched. Finally I dumped a piece of cloth on the center arm-rest and the glasses go on it.
Generally speaking there is LITTLE storage space in the cabin.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kilo said:
Generally speaking there is LITTLE storage space in the cabin.
The long-time Saab'ers have probably figured it all out, and/or just don't know any better :) but coming from the VW Passat, my collection of "at-hand" items has been a struggle to figure out where to put.

Move the ignition up to the standard location (I'm sure this borders on blasphemy) and you have more storage surface there... cut a cubby in under the light switch (many cars have storage there), etc.

Don't get me wrong, I _like_ the fact that the 9-3 is ~ 6" shorter than my Passat, so maybe there just isn't room for the storage.. but it is a significant decrease vs. what I was used to.

The glove box is a monster tho...

Mike

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
mistaken.

Warren, go chk the glove again. When U open it it looks cavernous I agree. Fit in a box of tissue and U cannot put ANYTHING else. I even keep the thick owners manual at home and carry the thin one only as it dont fit.

Yes seriously this car lacks storage in the cabin. It has the arm rest bin U fit in a few gimmicks it's full. The door pocket is unreachable to the bottom, I had to fit in a piece of foam to raise the level so I can put one thing or 2. The sliding cover part if full with 3 remotes. The ashtray contains another remote and dont even TRY to fit something under the ashtray as it will simply prevent it from opening. Then there is the seat soft front pouch which can tak only my cellphone.

But the worse is the sunglass thing: INEXISTANT whereas my last toyota has 2, one where the current FOB fits and another on top of the rear-view mirror. It had a convenient front under panel little closed bin with coin holder. In the Saab U had to twist yr back at a stretch angle to grab the coins in the centre bin holder. Not the best of moves.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
the compartment in front of your seats can ONLY fit your cellphone!? Is your cell phone from 1980?

On a serious note, you have the compartments on front of the seats, in back of the seats, and in the center armrest on the back seats. Your telling me you can fit the owners manual in any of those spots? What about the side compartments in the trunk?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
smicallef427 said:
I use one of those clips on the passenger sunvisor from Sunglass Hut.
I tried one of those SGH clips but it was too snug around the visor and I didn't want to make a permanent impression of the clip.
I used to store mine under the CD player but now I have a hardcase for my Prada's the wife bought me - and the glove compartment barely fits them...

Oh well, I can't believe this topic stirred up such a response.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts