SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... I currently have an e46 (3 series) BMW coupe and was pretty active in the BMW mod forums. Well, I've recently decided I need 4 doors. While my first inclination is to go back to BMW, the money I would save by getting a Saab could be put to other uses. (and I heard that consumer reports gave them the thumbs up) So, I've been checking out the new 9-3 and I really like it, except for one thing - the tail lights. Can you guys tell me a site or vendor where I could find good deals on after market parts and mods?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
There are not very many aftermarket body mods for the new 08's. I too own a BMW (E46 M3) and just to let you know the aftermarket community for Saab is nowhere close to that of BMW. For under the hood you have genuinesaab.com which I feel is the best bet for those of us in the U.S. I too find those tails horrible and I think the best thing you can do is smoke them out. Not too dark though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cjhutch said:
There are not very many aftermarket body mods for the new 08's. I too own a BMW (E46 M3) and just to let you know the aftermarket community for Saab is nowhere close to that of BMW. For under the hood you have genuinesaab.com which I feel is the best bet for those of us in the U.S. I too find those tails horrible and I think the best thing you can do is smoke them out. Not too dark though.

Are you a member @ e46Fanatics.com ? I guess I was hoping for a mod community like that... :-(

·
Registered
53 Posts
sstainba said:
Are you a member @ e46Fanatics.com ? I guess I was hoping for a mod community like that... :-(
Most people get the bsr tuner (pricey but well worth it) ~ 250 whp 2.0T
Next would be downpipe ~ 270whp w/ tune
Catback Exhaust , Intake ~ 8 whp if that combined.

Most people are satisfied after those mods, these cars are monsters even stock but fwd really limits it all.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Damned04 said:
Most people get the bsr tuner (pricey but well worth it) ~ 250 whp 2.0T
Next would be downpipe ~ 270whp w/ tune
Catback Exhaust , Intake ~ 8 whp if that combined.

Most people are satisfied after those mods, these cars are monsters even stock but fwd really limits it all.
I believe the gains are at the crank, not the wheels

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
sstainba said:
No, I never joined that site. I browsed around boostjunky a lot getting info for FI. I'm pretty much non-existent on BMW forums. Some of the guys on the forums know me and others just know my rear plates. :cool:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Go with the turbo x model. after market item's for it will probably be the Bsr chip tuning which will probably get at least 300+ hp and 380+ Tq just estimating these number's since i have the 2006 model with Bsr tuning. The after market scene for this car is not all that, but give it a minute they are probably in the works now on that car.

QUOTE=sstainba]Hi everyone... I currently have an e46 (3 series) BMW coupe and was pretty active in the BMW mod forums. Well, I've recently decided I need 4 doors. While my first inclination is to go back to BMW, the money I would save by getting a Saab could be put to other uses. (and I heard that consumer reports gave them the thumbs up) So, I've been checking out the new 9-3 and I really like it, except for one thing - the tail lights. Can you guys tell me a site or vendor where I could find good deals on after market parts and mods?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
943 Posts
where is KCMO? depends a lot on how advernturous you are and what you'd like to do to it.
Unfortunately for most of the forumers here, US ECUs are the most limited. EU ECUs however have a whole load of potential. Get a manual box, and the world is your oyster.. up to 300hp for now from tuners, you could do more than that provided you have the resources. but you're not going to find that information on these boards.

Great thing is, for failsafe upgrades, BSR is a very good way to go with US ECUs. with Turbo X, you might cross the 300hp mark for US ECUs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. You guys don't actually read these things before you post, huh? I was asking about TAIL LIGHTS - not ECU upgrades, not new pipes, not anything engine-related... :roll:

·
Registered
943 Posts
oops... sorry buddy... was replying to another thread and the thought process got caught up into this one..

yes, tail lights..... I'll let the tail light experts handle this one, I have absolutely ZERO experience on this one.

double oops ;)
Cheers.

·
Registered
605 Posts
sstainba said:
Wow. You guys don't actually read these things before you post, huh? I was asking about TAIL LIGHTS - not ECU upgrades, not new pipes, not anything engine-related... :roll:
That will getcha help real fast, ha! Try a junk yard, the 2003-2007 taillights will swap with the '08 If your looking for "ricer" style, I doubt you'll find any.....

Try here for discounted OEM tails: http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93lights03on.htm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
detroitsaab93 said:
That will getcha help real fast, ha! Try a junk yard, the 2003-2007 taillights will swap with the '08 If your looking for "ricer" style, I doubt you'll find any.....

Try here for discounted OEM tails: http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93lights03on.htm
So the 2007 and 2008 are interchangable? And no... not looking for "ricer" anything. At e46fanatics people even talking about that stuff for our bimmers get flamed. :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts