SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i killed bambi last night and the body damage totals my 95 900s. does anyone know where i should salvage the rest of the car? thanks for any help.

the deer killer:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
jdiddy said:
i killed bambi last night and the body damage totals my 95 900s. does anyone know where i should salvage the rest of the car? thanks for any help.

the deer killer:cry: :cry: :cry:
When I was unemployed and hurting for money, I nailed a deer and did about $800 in damage to the old Diesel Golf. Nary a penny was spent on the car, of course...
All the damage was superficial anyway..

Where are you located ?

I know of a man who needs a grill.
I need a panel.
I would NOT scrap this automobile...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i hate to do it but my car has 223K on it and my insurance doesn't cover the damage. there is body damage you can see and the fan is busted and coolant is now leaking from somewhere, but it still runs normally other than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in addition to that i was considering selling or trading it soon while it was still in good shape. :cry:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You should definately try to part it out a bit. At least throw a few parts at your good friends on SAABCENTRAL! I scrapped a car and got 70 bucks for it at the recycler. That was after I had taken most of the good stuff off (good stuff is mostly plastic anyway!).

Tboy

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
This car can be inexpensively repaired by yourself. A new headlamp, straighten the radiator crossmember, new radiator, bend the hood and fender and your car is good as new. If you really want to make it proper you can replace the panels and it will look and be undamaged for the most part.

Or, you can sell the car as a parts car on SAABNET or whatever. You could see 500, 600 dollars whole on Saabnet and as well the car will go to someone who would use the parts or fix the car. Send it to a recycler and you'll get 50 and a kick in the *** :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts