SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... a Gear knob from ?

Abbott Racing have stopped making them now ,
i cant possibly live with a standard SAAB leather one .... can i ?

a lot of ebayers and shops say they have knobs that fit ( i know most dont )

pleaaaase someone must know ...... i hope youre all well aware that a nice chunky alloy gear knob adds at least 10 Bhp ?

thanks if you can help :D

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I think genuinesaab.com offers them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
on saablink there is a tutorial on how someone modded the gaershifter for a nice momo knob to fit...but im tellin you, there arent that many that fit at all....and the genuine ones arent that unique

·
Registered
642 Posts
unfortunately you can't just unscrew the knob and put on a new one, it is expoied on to the shaft via a plastic center underneath the knob, it would be possibly to remove all that, but not with out pretty much destoying the current knob, some have manage to break it free with a strap wrench, you would then be able to fit a new knob on, but it may not fit right with the shift boot and you also may run into problem with the reverse lockout as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

the abbott ones where a machined alloy hollowed out to accept the current leather knob after some cutting and glueing ,( so in effect you use the existing knob as a pedestal for the new one ) it was great , shame really cos it felt great .

:cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts