SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found only one source for it, edyane (sp?) and it was $43. I have read on here people get it from the dealership for $25, but I called my dealership and they had no idea what I was tlaking about. Does anyone know the P/N?

I am quite handy with a soldering iron, does anyone have instructions on what parts I need, or how to make the connector? I love little projects like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like bidding has ended. They all seem to be around the same price. Now if I could find the instructions to make it, i would have a good after work project. Take the $20 I save and buy a case to hang out with my buddies

·
Registered
407 Posts
i bought mine from etadyne. its a good product and they include everything you need.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think "most" kits have everything you need, but making it yourself (After seeing the kit itself) would be a tall-order.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the infor guys! Searching for a DIY or even the correct connectors on here is coming up empty. I guess I will just purchase one.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
robhurlburt said:
thanks for the infor guys! Searching for a DIY or even the correct connectors on here is coming up empty. I guess I will just purchase one.
Well one end is a 3.5mm jack and you would drill that into the existing blank plate in the car. Then a 3 core cable. The other end was / is a block connector that is used in some PC hardware and things. You can get it from hmm, the likes of Maplin in the UK, where would that be here, Radio Shack of old. I thought the mrandmrsg site told you where to get the connecter / the name of the connection type.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
SMHarman said:
Well one end is a 3.5mm jack and you would drill that into the existing blank plate in the car. Then a 3 core cable. The other end was / is a block connector that is used in some PC hardware and things. You can get it from hmm, the likes of Maplin in the UK, where would that be here, Radio Shack of old. I thought the mrandmrsg site told you where to get the connecter / the name of the connection type.
Let me do some research, I am unsure as to what the mrandmrs site is.

I need one of these:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062450&cp=2032058&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&f=Taxonomy%2FRSK%2F2032058&retainProdsInSession=1&retainProdsInSession=1&y=8&categoryId=2032058&kwCatId=2032058&kw=3.5mm&x=17&s=A-StorePrice-RSK&parentPage=search

some wire like this (couldn't find it on radio shack)
http://www.nexttronics.com/catalog/sony/1/182739911.htm

and that connector for the other side...

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bjgryskie said:
Try this
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21434
Doesn't seem too bad. Don't forget to get it added by Tech II.
Good Luck!
SWEET! Just what i was looking for. Luckily the Aux is already connected by the tech II. I went to the car last night and and scrolled through on the SRC button, sure enough, AUX showed up!

So that wire and a ground loop isolator, wire from sirius to connector, and I'm golden!

Thanks for all the help everyone, I will be asking many, many more questions!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
bjgryskie said:
Try this
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21434
Doesn't seem too bad. Don't forget to get it added by Tech II.
Good Luck!
Thats the one. Nice find.

The other option is

I bought a "Universal CD-ROM audio Cable" from Compusa:

Universal CD-ROM Audio Cable
Manufacturer: FMI
Mfg Part #: 1162003003
Product Number: 294966
Price: $3.99

I used the black connectors. You may need to trim them down with an xacto knife so they are smooth on the top and bottom. Once you do that, they will fit perfectly. I left like 1" of the original cable attached to the connector and then soldered it to the shielded cable.

Here's a picture of the shielded cable I used:

From post 135 in that thread. Pictures are gone now.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tried it out last night, sure enough, it works!

Do they make something that you can put on the cable to increase the signal being sent? Almost like an amp? When I use the Aux-In, if its not turned up loud, it sounds like silence on the radio, but the radio is turned up really loud. Does that make any sense? Remember a LONG time ago when we used tape decks, and at the beginning of the tape there was the part with no sound on it, and you would turn up the radio to blast the song, and there was that background noise (fuzzy sounding), thats what it sounds like.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Just remember to keep the pins for left/right and the connections for tip/ring straight and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ctrlz said:
connections for tip/ring straight and you'll be fine.
I'm not sure what that means. Do you know if the make a part to increase the signal strength out of my sirius. Like a in-line amp

1 - 20 of 22 Posts