SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to write a paper and i am stuck, need to find free college papers so i can get ideas from mine, iam not going to plagurize but just get ideas

any body know where i can get some?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
In the forum I moderate, this question gets asked so many times that people have an automatic response: dyofh... do your own ******* homework.:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yeah I am pretty stuck too. I have to write a paper on Creationism VS Evolutionism in high schools. But I have to write an unbiased view of the arguments at hand. describing the sides of the agruments and what the problems are and what not. My problem is how hard it is to find concrete sources on this subject.

I hate writing. I thought that by becoming an engineer I had given all that up. Stupid eng credit didnt transfer so now I have to take ENG101 again.:evil:.

Wats skool 4 anywai?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
my99saab said:
trying to write a paper and i am stuck, need to find free college papers so i can get ideas from mine, iam not going to plagurize but just get ideas

any body know where i can get some?
Word to the wise: Whatever you write, I suggest you spend some time with a grammar and spelling checker. :cool:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
ouch. He's probably in a hurry, rob, hahaha

I've started seeing people do this type of thing on here, you know help wth school. It makes sense and I plan to do it in the future for an english paper or something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yea i am a bad riter my paper is on Michael Moore and the problems with his arguments in Farhenheit 9/11 i am not trying to start a political debate here on the forum but more the bias tactics that he uses....needs to be 8 pages stuck on #5, due today at 9:00 am its not 8:00 pm whoops

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
wait, so it was due this morning at 9? ouch. not that I haven't done that before myself. ha!

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
Word to the wise
In the wise words of the Great and Late H.S.T, "A word to the wise is infuriating".

my99saab said:
my paper is on Michael Moore and the problems with his arguments in Farhenheit 9/11 i am not trying to start a political debate here on the forum but more the bias tactics that he uses
My advice (if you haven't done it yet) is to go to MM's website and look at how he defends his arguments. I'm sure you have a list of "biases" so weave examples from his site into it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
my99saab said:
haha yea i am a bad riter my paper is on Michael Moore and the problems with his arguments in Farhenheit 9/11 i am not trying to start a political debate here on the forum but more the bias tactics that he uses....
You might also go to the seminal film propagandist, Leni Reifenstahl. She was Hitler's favorite photographer / cinematographer. Her work "Triumph Des Willens" (Triumph of the Will) is considered a classic of political propaganda. It truly is a shame that she put her unquestionably outstanding talent to the benefit of such an evil regime. She has been experiencing a sort of rehabilitation of late, in as much as some of her post-war documentaries and work have found new critical acclaim. If nothing else, her cinematography is breathtaking.

Some have compared the corpulent Michael Moore to Leni Reifenstahl - although I don't think Moore holds a candle to her. A comparison to Reifenstahl would make for an interesting paper on Moore.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm probably late for this, but try bowlingfortruth.com ... provides behind-the-scenes info which was cut, completely changing F9/11. Also rebuts many of the less-true statements Moore is prone to making.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm probably going to say something you already know, but I figured it won't hurt to see it again.

Make sure you write your own paper.

I know that's pretty obvious, but I can't stress it enough. I taught Freshman English for a couple years while a grad student, and the internet was just really starting to catch on, but we traced down some papers that students had bought online. Now there are sites for instructors to look at to verify whether or not the paper was purchased from a website or similar paper service. I had a conversation with a film professor a couple of weeks ago, and he told me the story of one of his students that turned in a paper that he had to flunk after reading. Seems the paper was purchased from a website, and that the paper even plagarized some of the critical pieces the professor had personally written for articles a long time ago.

So, good luck. Check the resources that others have mentioned. Another site to give you an interesting viewpoint which you can use is Dissident.org. Very left-wing, and you can use this to compare/contrast against other right-wing sites.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
escalator guru said:
I'm probably late for this, but try bowlingfortruth.com ... provides behind-the-scenes info which was cut, completely changing F9/11. Also rebuts many of the less-true statements Moore is prone to making.
Just imagine. Someone bending the facts to fit their message. Go figure. Now imagine if he were a world leader and not just a film maker expressing an opinion.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
jetman said:
Just imagine. Someone bending the facts to fit their message. Go figure. Now imagine if he were a world leader and not just a film maker expressing an opinion.
Scary thought isn't it. I hope it never comes to that :(:roll:.

How is your paper doing?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
jetman said:
Thing of it is, people gobble up everything one says as gospel while saying that everything coming out of the mouth of the other is complete B.S. Plenty worship the ground Moore walks on simply because he is the voice of dissent and don't bother checking the facts. Always check facts, no matter who they're coming from. I think that was what I was trying to get across (but failed to do).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Partisans of one side or another are oft apt to take the pronouncements of one as "gospel" truth while dismissing the other as "lies and fabrications." This isn't new. Every story has two (or more) versions. This doesn't mean that there aren't absolute facts or points to be made. Moore does make points and raises some questions, but it is always better to know where he fabricates and obfuscates. I always like to know how I'm being manipulated - whether by a corpulent cinematographer such as Moore or by a more mainstream source such as network news.

I am always fascinated by weavers of conspiracy theories and discoverers of hidden plots. If the people or institutions which are conspiring and hiding are so efficient, effective, and competent, then why were the conspiracies and hidden plots discovered? Also, why doesn't the light of day bring about the collapse of the conspiracies and hidden plots? A conundrum for another day, perhaps.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I think the real truth is that any politician from any party in any country is a liar and a thief and if they're not, we should still view them as that. Because we have to keep them on their toes. They're not there for fame or fortune or to advance their own causes. We elect them to be our voices and to act on consensus. We need to kick them down enough notches to keep them aware of that as often as we need to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts